guys do you care about a girl's looks? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Ive heard some guys who say looks dont matter and then others who say they are the most important thing they look for.... im confused
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Personality is more important to me, if you are a good looking girl but arrogant then forget it.
MattH01
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Guys are lying if they say looks aren't important, but personality is more important you can be as good looking as you want but if i don't get on with you then there's no point
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
i mean it depends on u
if ur the kind of girl to care about a guys look then u can kind of expect it back?
but then again if ur the kind of girl to care about personality, etc ur more likely to attract guys like that tooo so yeah
bluemuffin
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Lol clearly looks matter more initially but once you get to know someone then personality is more important
harrisong12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Let's be honest as that is the best way to go. Whilst personality is a fantastic quality, men ultimately care if they are going to date a good looking woman.

I'm not going to speak on behalf of the billions of men in the world, and frankly I'm probably wrong If I did. It's just every guy I know where I live criticises girls for their hair, breast size, weight, amount of makeup, hair, teeth, clothing, background, eyes, bum size and so on. It's 2019.

Me personally, I couldn't care less. The only boxes they would need to tick is that if they are loyal, friendly, intelligent and healthy.

Yeah, looks would be a bonus but if I found a woman to makes me happy and likes to spend time with me then that's more than enough for me.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ive heard some guys who say looks dont matter and then others who say they are the most important thing they look for.... im confused

it tends to be borderline desperate guys imo who claim "looks don't matter"

I've never seen a good looking guy on TSR [7.5/8+] actually say this.

Having said all this. If the girls personality and yours don't mesh well and you find it hard to have good conversations or vibe off each other then you're probably soon start feeling something is missing and wanting to jump ship.
Tslajfjcbcn
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
For me, nothing can beat a really nice down to earth girl, of course if she is good looking then that’s a bonus, but I’d much rather a girl who is nice and sweet and genuine than an attractive girl with the personality of a pineapple
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
'Looks' to me are necessary, but not sufficient.
jnkkjnkjhn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Imo, men are only sexually attracted to looks whereas women are sexually attracted to confidence, money, status, intelligence etc which I think gives the illusion of men being extremely shallow when it's a slightly misleading thing to say. So yeah guys do care far more about looks but you're forgetting women care far more about other equally shallow things.
Zarek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Of course the pulse quickens when someone you find very physically attractive comes near. However attractiveness has many aspects and contexts and people who are not models still get along fine.
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Zarek)
Of course the pulse quickens when someone you find very physically attractive comes near. However attractiveness has many aspects and contexts and people who are not models still get along fine.
You may also suffer from arrhythmia, get that checked out.
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Looks do matter, but at the same time you don't need to be some kind of super model or anything near that. Someone that takes care of themselves, physically and mentally IMO is someone that's attractive.
jnkkjnkjhn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Oh I forgot to answer the thread title, yeah. I care if she's funny and looks good above all else.
keptinside
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Everyone got his own preferences
Anonymous #3
Report 4 months ago
I speak for all guys when I answer that no, no guy cares about any girl's looks.
JakeTSR
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Looks get you through the door. Personality keeps you in the room.
umarkamara
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Of course. I know people say personality > looks, but you can't have that initial attraction if they don't look nice (in your eyes).
TaintedLight
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
As someone who is in the upper echelons of good looks, i expect nothing short of pulchritudinous. It doesn't matter if i'm going bald or not.
Justbeingmyself
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Looks play a part but I wouldn't solely want to be with someone just because of it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (162)
19.45%
Labour (423)
50.78%
Liberal Democrats (113)
13.57%
Green Party (46)
5.52%
Brexit Party (12)
1.44%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.68%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.72%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)