The Student Room Group

Intensive driving courses - are they worth it?

I have had 10 hours previous driving, however I haven't drive since November 2018 (8 months) due to not being able to find a job to pay for them.

my family are in the position where they can help pay for driving lessons but I was hoping to be driving by now.

is an intensive driving course the way to go?

are they worth it?

they work out cheaper than your typical driving lesson.

or should I do half and the rest as an intensive course?
(edited 4 years ago)
I can't imagine it's a great way to learn. You must spend a lot of time driving when too tired to concentrate well. If you make a mistake and get in your head about it it can be really helpful to have a break but you'd end up wasting time sorting you're head out. You don't get time to absorb what you learnt. And I don't think the better instructors tend to do them.
Original post by doodle_333
I can't imagine it's a great way to learn. You must spend a lot of time driving when too tired to concentrate well. If you make a mistake and get in your head about it it can be really helpful to have a break but you'd end up wasting time sorting you're head out. You don't get time to absorb what you learnt. And I don't think the better instructors tend to do them.

Thanks for your feedback.
Reply 3
Basically if you do an intensive driving course you learn to pass your test, yes. But if you have proper lessons you’re more likely to drive in a range of times and conditions, meaning you’re actually learning to drive on the real roads.
thanks for your feedback.
Original post by e.m1002
Basically if you do an intensive driving course you learn to pass your test, yes. But if you have proper lessons you’re more likely to drive in a range of times and conditions, meaning you’re actually learning to drive on the real roads.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending