The Student Room Group

My journey to losing weight AMMMMAAA AMMMAAA

Soo on Monday, I’ll be starting a NO SUGAR, LESS CARB DIET. I’ll be incorporating IF (Intermittent fasting) and OMAD (one meal a day) and I’ll also be breaking my “fast” at 8PM (I tend to eat past 7 so I’m used to it).

The foods that I’ll be cutting out of my diet are:
-White bread (I’ll eat brown bread but not that much)
-cakes and baked goods
-granola
-rice!!
-pasta
-cheese/dairy
-Ramen
-cereal bars (but I’ll be eating cereal because I THINK it’ll help with my sugar cravings)
-fried food
-junk food
-sweets and chocolates
-pizza
-crisps
-nuts (Can’t control myself sometimes)

THESE ARE THE ONES I THINK I SHOULD CUT OUT. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD MORE FOODS THAT SHOULD BE CUT OUT OF MY DIET.

I WILL BE UPDATING YOU GUYS EVERY 2 DAYS SO I WONT BE A BURDEN

ILL BE DOING THIS FOR 3 WEEKS ONLY!!

I won’t be exercising a lot but I’ll try and walk a lot.

MY WEIGHT ATM IS 61.0KG
MY GOAL WEIGHT IS 58.0KG!!
MY HEIGHT IS 5’4

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Also, I’ll eat a **** load of **** on Saturdays so I don’t **** yo during the week.....is that a good idea? Like a “cheat day”?
I wish I had this much self control, somehow still thin as a rake :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
I wish I had this much self control, somehow still thin as a rake :biggrin:

When it comes to sugary food, I don’t at all. I wish I was thin
Why are you cutting out nuts? You should probably include unsalted mixed nuts as a protein and fat source since you are cutting out so much carbs
Personally I think you will lose a bit more weight with this diet, mainly water weight though
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Personally I think you will lose a bit more weight with this diet, mainly water weight though

Hmm probably but I’m doing it for 3 weeks..so wouldn’t that help a bit?
Reply 7
Why are you cutting out nuts? You should probably include unsalted mixed nuts as a protein and fat source since you are cutting out so much carbs

I’ll binge eat of the nuts if I eat them but I hardly even eat nuts
Hmm probably but I’m doing it for 3 weeks..so wouldn’t that help a bit?

You’ll lose fat but initially you’ll lose 5-10 pounds of water weight bc you’re low carb and low calorie, that’ll hopefully drop in the first week or so, then the remainder will be fat. But good luck, it’s really good to see that you’ve decided to make a change for the betterment of yourself, hope all goes well
Reply 9
You’ll lose fat but initially you’ll lose 5-10 pounds of water weight bc you’re low carb and low calorie, that’ll hopefully drop in the first week or so, then the remainder will be fat. But good luck, it’s really good to see that you’ve decided to make a change for the betterment of yourself, hope all goes well

At least I’ll feel a bit of happiness when I see some changes in the scale but I’ll be ready to get disheartened haha. Thanks for the heads up!! And thanks for the luck, I’ll sure need it!
Btw, do you think having a “cheat day” every week will help with cravings?
Hey guys it’s me again. So tomorrow will be my first day of my losing weight journey. I’ll weigh myself tomorrow morning and update you guys. I’d like to know if anyone will be watching my thread (or else what’s the point of me updating it every 2 days?) if you are thank you so much you’re surely motivating me a lottt
BUMP
i think this diet is really hard honestly, if you stick to a meal a day with healthy snacks in between with regular exercise you'll lose the weight not that you need to tbh 61 kg is only a little over average if you look at a BMI chart
i think this diet is really hard honestly, if you stick to a meal a day with healthy snacks in between with regular exercise you'll lose the weight not that you need to tbh 61 kg is only a little over average if you look at a BMI chart

I’m dieting harshly since I’ll only be doing it for 3 weeks. 61kg is a healthy weight but it’s not really near the end of the scale
Cheat day dumb. Firstly, depending how much you eat through the week, that cheat day could just throw everything off. Cravings will get worse if you have sugar and such regularly, otherwise you’ll forget what it was ever like to eat addictive foods.
Original post by funk controller
Cheat day dumb. Firstly, depending how much you eat through the week, that cheat day could just throw everything off. Cravings will get worse if you have sugar and such regularly, otherwise you’ll forget what it was ever like to eat addictive foods.

True!!
Soo on Monday, I’ll be starting a NO SUGAR, LESS CARB DIET. I’ll be incorporating IF (Intermittent fasting) and OMAD (one meal a day) and I’ll also be breaking my “fast” at 8PM (I tend to eat past 7 so I’m used to it).

The foods that I’ll be cutting out of my diet are:
-White bread (I’ll eat brown bread but not that much)
-cakes and baked goods
-granola
-rice!!
-pasta
-cheese/dairy
-Ramen
-cereal bars (but I’ll be eating cereal because I THINK it’ll help with my sugar cravings)
-fried food
-junk food
-sweets and chocolates
-pizza
-crisps
-nuts (Can’t control myself sometimes)

THESE ARE THE ONES I THINK I SHOULD CUT OUT. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD MORE FOODS THAT SHOULD BE CUT OUT OF MY DIET.

I WILL BE UPDATING YOU GUYS EVERY 2 DAYS SO I WONT BE A BURDEN

ILL BE DOING THIS FOR 3 WEEKS ONLY!!

I won’t be exercising a lot but I’ll try and walk a lot.

MY WEIGHT ATM IS 61.0KG
MY GOAL WEIGHT IS 58.0KG!!
MY HEIGHT IS 5’4

Rice is actually good for you. Idk ur gender.. but if male.. u could turn fat into muscle quickly witht the aid of rice
Original post by Zain_Ahmed
Rice is actually good for you. Idk ur gender.. but if male.. u could turn fat into muscle quickly witht the aid of rice

How does this even work
Original post by funk controller

Cheat day doesn't have to be every week... You can't be imprisoned by a strict diet.. every 3/4 weeks you need a cheat day... In this case it isn't ideal but the whole concept of a cheat day isn't dumb...
Would using tsr burn calories?

Quick Reply

Latest