The Student Room Group

I know I will get hurt - should I just stop talking to him?

I know he will hurt me, he’s a nice guy but I have this gut feeling and my gut is always right. It’s almost like he’s fake nice and not genuinely kind. I know I like him more than he does me, but what should I do?
Should I stop talking to him and be upset for a little a while or continue with him, get hurt and heartbroken? I’m scared I would do something bad to myself if I continue and he hurts me, I have cut myself before and I don’t want it to happen again.
You're in a bit of conundrum
You don't trust yourself or him. Pick one to prioritise and focus on that 😊
You’re hesitating and want someone to give you that push and tell you stop talking to him.

You can just rethink again, maybe he’s nice, maybe he’s kind. But your stresses cause you to think otherwise. You might just end up misjudging him and stop talking to him. But believe it, regretting being unfair or mistreating someone is worse than being hurt by someone.

You’re the one to evaluate your own situation; as obviously there are things missing you haven’t mentioned. Just try to release your stresses and nervousness, then start to think again. Only deeds can show you what’s bad and what’s good. You can’t just presume stuffs, and then regret it later.

Btw there is nothing called “my gut is always right”. There is always deviation in every thing.

Rethink and check what’s best for you. Try to check the other view you’re missing from the bottle. Maybe you’re missing something.

GL
It’s always important to put yourself first, even if you don’t have a boyfriend or anything, you’ll always have friends which can help you through tough times. Don’t put yourself in a relationship just because you don’t want to be alone, sometimes it’s better to be by yourself and focus on making sure you’re happy with who you are
Reply 4
I don't understand why people act so dramatic over situations like this.

You will never know how a situation turns out unless you play it out. You're acting like if you keep going on dates with this guy/continue chatting with him, that you'll end up never recovering or ever walk again.

Either take the risk or don't, the worst that can happen is you getting upset and moving on.
Reply 5
Original post by keptinside
You’re hesitating and want someone to give you that push and tell you stop talking to him.

You can just rethink again, maybe he’s nice, maybe he’s kind. But your stresses cause you to think otherwise. You might just end up misjudging him and stop talking to him. But believe it, regretting being unfair or mistreating someone is worse than being hurt by someone.

You’re the one to evaluate your own situation; as obviously there are things missing you haven’t mentioned. Just try to release your stresses and nervousness, then start to think again. Only deeds can show you what’s bad and what’s good. You can’t just presume stuffs, and then regret it later.

Btw there is nothing called “my gut is always right”. There is always deviation in every thing.

Rethink and check what’s best for you. Try to check the other view you’re missing from the bottle. Maybe you’re missing something.

GL

That’s what I was hoping you would do, tell me to stop and I was willing to listen.

You are right that I might regret it later but I think I will regret it even more if i don’t stop talking to him and he turns out to be what I had imagined him to be.

Maybe you are right about the gut thing, I don’t know what to do.
Reply 6
Original post by Tslajfjcbcn
It’s always important to put yourself first, even if you don’t have a boyfriend or anything, you’ll always have friends which can help you through tough times. Don’t put yourself in a relationship just because you don’t want to be alone, sometimes it’s better to be by yourself and focus on making sure you’re happy with who you are

I don’t have confidence in myself, you are right. Do you think the best thing would be to stop talking to him and work on myself? I don’t think I can do both to be honest.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Because I don’t want to start cutting myself again because of him :smile:
I agree with you though, I won’t know until I go through with it but I’m just scared.

That is through your own choice, he's not doing anything at all and it's actually quite childish to blame it on another person.

I would also ask you to seek professional advice from your GP because you're clearly not in the right mindset. I've also reported your post in regards to self-harm, so someone should be contacting you about that.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Xarao
That is through your own choice, he's not doing anything at all and it's actually quite childish to blame it on another person.

I would also ask you to seek professional advice from your GP because you're clearly not in the right mindset. I've also reported your post in regards to self-harm, so someone should be contacting you about that.

Like you said ‘it’s my own choice’ so I don’t need you to report anything for me
Reply 9
Like you said ‘it’s my own choice’ so I don’t need you to report anything for me

Already did and I will happily again.
Original post by Xarao
Already did and I will happily again.

I don’t know if you think that this will change my life in anyway, but ok. Your attitude doesn’t sound helpful at all.
That’s what I was hoping you would do, tell me to stop and I was willing to listen.

You are right that I might regret it later but I think I will regret it even more if i don’t stop talking to him and he turns out to be what I had imagined him to be.

Maybe you are right about the gut thing, I don’t know what to do.

Well, none is to tell you to do something against your desire. But seems like you have faced something that made you think that way of him. Then you can stop talking to him. If it’s just a presumption, then you’re the only one to see the aftermaths
Original post by keptinside
Well, none is to tell you to do something against your desire. But seems like you have faced something that made you think that way of him. Then you can stop talking to him. If it’s just a presumption, then you’re the only one to see the aftermaths

Yes, you’re right, there has been some things he has done which I ignored. I will evaluate our relationship more :smile:
Thanks for being helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending