I failed IB Watch

eeeeella
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have failed IB HLs totaling 11 and total 28 points. I will retake physics HL again in November I took 3 if I make it 4 I will take the diploma. My dumbass didnt study for exams. Do you think can I take my diploma. I was crying for staright 3 hours. I am a big failure. Can I make it 4 or upper? Please give me advice. I feel so bad and what should I do? Give me study tips.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by eeeeella)
I have failed IB HLs totaling 11 and total 28 points. I will retake physics HL again in November I took 3 if I make it 4 I will take the diploma. My dumbass didnt study for exams. Do you think can I take my diploma. I was crying for staright 3 hours. I am a big failure. Can I make it 4 or upper? Please give me advice. I feel so bad and what should I do? Give me study tips.
Hey there. :console:

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't got the results you're looking for. Take a deep breath, and let's do something about this shall we?

I think retaking physics is a good idea.:yep: What was the break-down of your subjects? Do you think it'd be possible to retake any of the others too, to get your score even higher?

And most importantly, what is it you want to go onto do? And does that have any entry requirements/expected grades?

This is a set-back, but you can get through this. I believe in you. :yeah:
eeeeella
Rep:
?
Can you check your pm
(Original post by 04MR17)

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't got the results you're looking for. Take a deep breath, and let's do something about this shall we?

I think retaking physics is a good idea.:yep: What was the break-down of your subjects? Do you think it'd be possible to retake any of the others too, to get your score even higher?

And most importantly, what is it you want to go onto do? And does that have any entry requirements/expected grades?

eeeeella
Rep:
?
And thank you so much I just want my diploma but I am not sure what will happen this year im having a gap year so my things are just so complicated

04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
And thank you so much I just want my diploma but I am not sure what will happen this year im having a gap year so my things are just so complicated
Good that you're taking a gap year, that gives you some time, a bit of space, and means you're not rushing into anything. (When you're feeling less stressed, check out the gap years forum too ).

Could you tell me some more about your plans for the future?
eeeeella
Rep:
?
Basically I will study university in my country so I have to take the national university exam IB doesn't work for me and I'm here trying to take the diploma and will hope to use at other things not for university. I will study Industrial engineering. I supposed to study both IB and national exam the I couldn't achieve both. I really feel like I'm a failiure. I will study to national university exam and physics till the november then I have uni exam on July. Actually taking the diploma is my only wish right now. We are 2 people who failed ib in my School. I really feel like I'm useless. Just have to make physics grade 4 or upper then I will get the diploma do ypu think that I can make it 4 or upper till November I took 3 this year
Good that you're taking a gap year, that gives you some time, a bit of space, and means you're not rushing into anything. (When you're feeling less stressed, check out the gap years forum too ).

Could you tell me some more about your plans for the future?
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Basically I will study university in my country so I have to take the national university exam IB doesn't work for me and I'm here trying to take the diploma and will hope to use at other things not for university. I will study Industrial engineering. I supposed to study both IB and national exam the I couldn't achieve both. I really feel like I'm a failiure. I will study to national university exam and physics till the november then I have uni exam on July. Actually taking the diploma is my only wish right now. We are 2 people who failed ib in my School. I really feel like I'm useless. Just have to make physics grade 4 or upper then I will get the diploma do ypu think that I can make it 4 or upper till November I took 3 this year
I see, thank you for explaining.

Firstly, I think Physics is going to be incredibly useful knowledge for you to study for industrial engineering, so I think it's really important to work hard studying physics so that you have a better idea of what studying industrial engineering might be like. The last thing you want to do is start university and not enjoy it.

I think getting from a 3 to a 4 in the time you have is very achievable, I'm sure you can do it. :heart:

You might feel like a failure now, but believe me that you will come through this, and you will come out of the other side stronger.
eeeeella
Rep:
?
That means a lot thank you so much!! I'm sure that if I study I will do it. I hope I can make it happen. wish me luck and pray for me. I will let you know the result. And it would be amazing if ypu give me some advice or study tips
I see, thank you for explaining.

Firstly, I think Physics is going to be incredibly useful knowledge for you to study for industrial engineering, so I think it's really important to work hard studying physics so that you have a better idea of what studying industrial engineering might be like. The last thing you want to do is start university and not enjoy it.

I think getting from a 3 to a 4 in the time you have is very achievable, I'm sure you can do it. :heart:

You might feel like a failure now, but believe me that you will come through this, and you will come out of the other side stronger.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
That means a lot thank you so much!! I'm sure that if I study I will do it. I hope I can make it happen. wish me luck and pray for me. I will let you know the result. And it would be amazing if ypu give me some advice or study tips
My only advice would be that if you get stuck on something and need help, go and post in the Physics study help forum here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=131

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19