Majorly confused about the pill! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I’ve been on the combined pill for three weeks now and it’s all going smoothly and everything, however my gp told me to go off it for 4 days before my next pack. Does that mean I miss 4 pills or 3?? Seems obvious but I have no idea whether to skip 3 pills aka 4 days without the pill or 4 pills aka 5 days??
torsby
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It really doesn’t matter some have 7 day breaks

If it’s not something you want to do
Think about
POP - I preferred this to combined
Injection - risks osteoporosis
Coil - the best option for me you forget about it completely. But if nuliparous like myself your vagus nerve might be stimulated and you may faint but you come round quickly and will be fine for 5 years - obviously involves vaginal exam
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by torsby)
It really doesn’t matter some have 7 day breaks

If it’s not something you want to do
Think about
POP - I preferred this to combined
Injection - risks osteoporosis
Coil - the best option for me you forget about it completely. But if nuliparous like myself your vagus nerve might be stimulated and you may faint but you come round quickly and will be fine for 5 years - obviously involves vaginal exam
Thanks but I’m really happy with the pill- was just trying to make sure I was doing it for the right amount of days!
torsby
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks but I’m really happy with the pill- was just trying to make sure I was doing it for the right amount of days!
That’s cool I wasn’t sure if you were happy or not hence the options.
If those days are what’s written on your package and what your GP, nurse or GUM doctor advised then follow that because they’ll know all the information about you. If in doubt call your gp practice and ask someone to check with the gp or speak to a pharmacist
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I’ve been on the combined pill for three weeks now and it’s all going smoothly and everything, however my gp told me to go off it for 4 days before my next pack. Does that mean I miss 4 pills or 3?? Seems obvious but I have no idea whether to skip 3 pills aka 4 days without the pill or 4 pills aka 5 days??
I'm a bit confused - how does skipping 4 pills constitute to 5 days without the pill? I would have thought your GP meant missing 4 pills.
Apachecow
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What brand?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
18.85%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
10.07%
No I am happy with my course choice (396)
56.98%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (98)
14.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed