The Student Room Group

Want to get into psychology without a degree?

Scroll to see replies

How about consider distance learning paychology degree that way you can earn money whilst working you do t give up your current job and pay towards the degree (it’s a lot cheaper) from your own back wallet and get student loan for the rest. Half/half. If you have unneeded expenses you can sacrifice them.. stationery doesn’t have to be expensive. You can make saves on grocery shopping.

For example: i knew I wanted to lose a few pounds and found fasting really helpful. So I had less food to buy for myself and stopped the treats.

I also knew had to buy some stationery items but there was no way I was gonna pay 3.99 for a note pad and through it away so invested in a elfinbook and few of erasable pens and now I wipe my notes after use and keep using the same book over and over..

You could also download software on your laptop (one note etc) and use notebooks that way.

I also found that i wasn’t using my time well, so I removed the social media apps and installed hold/Forrest and “go ****ing work” on laptop. So I became more productive.

Go for it
Reply 21
Original post by Kasa
Which ones do you mean?

i'm not sure what you mean entirely when you say you want to 'get into psychology'. i understand you mean as a profession but if you're not practising then you just want to have a job that involves elements of psychology? i could think some, such as assistants to practising psychologists, working in occupational health, rehab/recovery, working with children with SEN, charity work. many of these probably do require some form of qualification but not as much as a degree, though i couldn't say whether the amount of work you have to put it would be any different.

i saw someone else mentioned OU, i'm not sure where you're based but you could consider a night/evening university such as Birkbeck in London, i'm sure there are others like it. it's a lot more tailored to those who already are following a career path or have other responsibilities such as children. also, many universities offer part time degree courses which do take longer to complete, but again are less intensive.
Reply 22
Original post by atiduy
i'm not sure what you mean entirely when you say you want to 'get into psychology'. i understand you mean as a profession but if you're not practising then you just want to have a job that involves elements of psychology? i could think some, such as assistants to practising psychologists, working in occupational health, rehab/recovery, working with children with SEN, charity work. many of these probably do require some form of qualification but not as much as a degree, though i couldn't say whether the amount of work you have to put it would be any different.

i saw someone else mentioned OU, i'm not sure where you're based but you could consider a night/evening university such as Birkbeck in London, i'm sure there are others like it. it's a lot more tailored to those who already are following a career path or have other responsibilities such as children. also, many universities offer part time degree courses which do take longer to complete, but again are less intensive.

Well, occupational health is something that I would like to get into..
Reply 23
Do you mean occupational therapy?
Original post by Kasa
Well, occupational health is something that I would like to get into..

Quick Reply

Latest