living with epilepsy - a flashy lifestyle for a photosensitive girl Watch

ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mpaprika)
It's been a hot second! I don't have much time to type this, but I'm not doing well. I have so much school work and every night I go to bed at midnight and wake up early in the morning, which is possibly triggering for my epilepsy as last time. My mental health isn't good either. I think my medication is making me depressed, or maybe a-levels. Or a mixture of both. My hair isn't falling out in huge clumps anymore which is good (touch wood omg) because the amount that I was losing everyday was concerning.

This school term I will try and be more focused and organised - maybe yoga in the morning?? (lol as if) I already do ballet x3 a week so that balances everything out well. I also need to stop crying all the time (see above - what if happening???) I also think I may have accidentally overdosed on my medication this morning by taking 2 500mgs (oops). My neurologist said I could possibly have liver problems if I took too much, but that must be often.

My blood work will be in soon which is good because I'm being panicky about a lymph node. In general, I haven't been doing well, although I did dress up as Tokyo from money heist for a halloween party on Wednesday and I rocked it :cool:

here's to another post comrades

the SPARKLIEST PEOPLE:

Spoiler:
Show
Awww :console:

Hope you're OK, you can do it! :dumbells:
mpaprika
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Awww :console:

Hope you're OK, you can do it! :dumbells:
thank you ecolier! it means a lot (: xx
1st superstar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Awwww :console: I'm so sorry to hear this

I see everything

Feel free to PM me if you wanted a chat whenever.

Sorry to say this but bumping <24 hours is against TSR rules
What is bumping?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 1st superstar)
What is bumping?
Bumping is where you reply to a post for the sole purpose of getting it back to the top of the posts again.:bump:
1st superstar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Bumping is where you reply to a post for the sole purpose of getting it back to the top of the posts again.:bump:
Oh ok thanks
rcmotorboy
Badges: 11
Report 2 weeks ago
All the best. With a title for a thread like that, I think it is sarcasm too far in my opinion. My condolences to anyone who suffers from anything.

So, are you careful with how you approach playing video games?
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sorry to hear things are a struggle atm, wishing you good health and lashings of happiness :jumphug:
mpaprika
Rep:
?
(Original post by rcmotorboy)
All the best. With a title for a thread like that, I think it is sarcasm too far in my opinion. My condolences to anyone who suffers from anything.

So, are you careful with how you approach playing video games?
I don't play video games, and I meant it as in there's a lot going on in my life But thank you x
mpaprika
Rep:
?
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Sorry to hear things are a struggle atm, wishing you good health and lashings of happiness :jumphug:
thank you! :blushing: things should hopefully improve soon xx
steamed-hams
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sounds similar to me a few years ago. My suggestion to you is to not take epilepsy too seriously and go out and actually live.
Last edited by steamed-hams; 2 weeks ago
mpaprika
Rep:
?
(Original post by steamed-hams)
Sounds similar to me a few years ago. My suggestion to you is to not take epilepsy too seriously and go out and actually live.
excellent advice. (I've already been going to late parties which are technically ''banned'') Was your epilepsy just juvenile? Hope you're doing well x
steamed-hams
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
excellent advice. (I've already been going to late parties which are technically ''banned'') Was your epilepsy just juvenile? Hope you're doing well x
I had about 5 between 15 and 19 and now been free for almost 6 years.
mpaprika
Rep:
?
(Original post by steamed-hams)
I had about 5 between 15 and 19 and now been free for almost 6 years.
oh that's great! similar case to mine then, my neurologist in Poland said I may be able to stop taking my meds when I'm 18 but the UK one says it's a lifelong thing :/ best wishes x
steamed-hams
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
oh that's great! similar case to mine then, my neurologist in Poland said I may be able to stop taking my meds when I'm 18 but the UK one says it's a lifelong thing :/ best wishes x
I'm life long or a long time anyway and it's not a big deal the meds it becomes second nature like brushing teeth. In fact once you start you don't want to stop cos they work but you're not cured just controlled by them so if you stop then wellmight happen again
Last edited by steamed-hams; 2 weeks ago
Tryingtobehappy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's been a hot second! I don't have much time to type this, but I'm not doing well. I have so much school work and every night I go to bed at midnight and wake up early in the morning, which is possibly triggering for my epilepsy as last time. My mental health isn't good either. I think my medication is making me depressed, or maybe a-levels. Or a mixture of both. My hair isn't falling out in huge clumps anymore which is good (touch wood omg) because the amount that I was losing everyday was concerning.

This school term I will try and be more focused and organised - maybe yoga in the morning?? (lol as if) I already do ballet x3 a week so that balances everything out well. I also need to stop crying all the time (see above - what if happening???) I also think I may have accidentally overdosed on my medication this morning by taking 2 500mgs (oops). My neurologist said I could possibly have liver problems if I took too much, but that must be often.

My blood work will be in soon which is good because I'm being panicky about a lymph node. In general, I haven't been doing well, although I did dress up as Tokyo from money heist for a halloween party on Wednesday and I rocked it :cool:

here's to another post comrades

the SPARKLIEST PEOPLE:

Spoiler:
Show
Hi MPaprika, how are you ? I hope you are having an amazing day ! I just wanted to let you know I read everything that has been happening with you for he past 3 months and there has been some improvements and some setbacks but you have hanged in there and I like it, you are a huge inspiration to others ! I feel bad because I do not really suffer from epilepsy but I am just really depressed, I am not making friends, I suffer from depression and I am just an anxious person. I hate myself even more that I am depressed but you are going through all these problems. I am a university student studying Business Management and I currently hate it at the moment, I am not trying to put you down for your future, I think surgery is a lot more work than I am doing and is actually a better job that what I am doing, yet you are still coping and I am not. I always wanted to work in medicine but it just did not work for me so I had to settle for business. That is why my name is tryingtobehappy because I am trying to be happy lol.

I know it is hard to do for your condition but instead of taking medication, you should try taking some more herbal remedies, you should research them online, they are extremely helpful and will help with your blood levels. I think taking too much medication like you said is not good and you should reduce it a little. It is good you are going out more and enjoying life, I am happy for you, keep doing what you are doing for us ! Also I love Tokyo from Money Heist, one of my favorite characters from my favorite TV shows. Also I am just curious, you said you are Eastern European, what country are you from ? If you don't mind me asking. Thank You and I hope you do well and have an amazing day ! :hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (36)
18.37%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.14%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.02%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.55%
No unconditional offers (139)
70.92%

Watched Threads