I can always feel my tampon! Watch

asg51802
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m 17, and I’ve been trying to use tampons for four years. Every time I put one in, I make sure my fingers reach my skin, and push the plunger as far as my body will let me. Every time it’s very uncomfortable, and it reaches a point where I feel like my tampon just can’t go in any farther (maybe it’s my cervix stopping it?). Once it’s in, I can feel it in almost every position. Not painful, I just always feel it. Sometimes I use my finger to push it even farther in, and then I don’t feel it unless Im sitting with my knees to my chest- then I feel it and it’s painful. I use ultra light tampons. Granted, my periods have never been heavy in the slightest- I could use one ultra light pad all day with no leakage if I wanted to. However, I’ve been to the gynecologist and she said that my anatomy is completely normal... I have to say she was a poor gynecologist who didn’t listen to me at all, but the point is, nothing is wrong with me according to her. What do I do? I am SO SO frustrated. Please help!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
id say to just use pads. ur comfort is the most important thing especially during ur period, they’re already *****y enough.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It sounds like you might have the applicator at slightly the wrong angle. You should be aiming for where the tampon ends up when you push it in further with your fingers. Try adjusting the angle slightly - you might need to aim further back than you think.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
18.85%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
10.07%
No I am happy with my course choice (396)
56.98%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (98)
14.1%

Watched Threads