The Student Room Group

When did you all start working on your personal statement?

How long did you spend on it all....right from initial drafting to finally sending it to UCAS.
Original post by ANO-NI-MUS
How long did you spend on it all....right from initial drafting to finally sending it to UCAS.

i started mine in the sepetember and had it finished come october, i id edit it a lot though so give yourself time to come back to it and decide to change things. What are you applying for? :smile:
First draft done by end of term in Y12. Polished and ready to go by mid September.
My college made us start at the end of year 12 and told us to work on it over the summer. We had to hand in drafts in September/October to our tutors and send it whenever it was ready. I just kinda worked on it on and off over the summer, I found its better to take breaks of a few days at a time where you don't look at it.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
i started mine in the sepetember and had it finished come october, i id edit it a lot though so give yourself time to come back to it and decide to change things. What are you applying for? :smile:

Economics at Cambridge, Politics and econ at LSE and Econ, Politics and International Studies at Warwick. Though I don't have Further Math so I don't know if it's worth it applying to Cambridge.
End of year 12.. but looking back I did too many drafts and spent too much time on something that wasn't really that important (just need to show that you are interested in the subject in your PS)
Original post by ANO-NI-MUS
Economics at Cambridge, Politics and econ at LSE and Econ, Politics and International Studies at Warwick. Though I don't have Further Math so I don't know if it's worth it applying to Cambridge.

its not mentioned as essential so you could give it a go, have you thought about a couple of lower entry requirement unis to use your other choices on? you could make a start on your statement now.
Reply 7
Applied for physics. Started writing it some time in early August. Was finished late September after going through a couple drafts and getting it reviewed. I wish I had finished it earlier - writing one during school time is no fun.
To be honest there were probably only a few hours spent writing the thing, but a lot of hours spent procrastinating or staring at an empty or half-finished document.
Applied for law. Started writing five days before I submitted my whole application. Spent like 2 hours writing and 5 hours cutting down, perfecting and editing.
2-3hrs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending