When to apply for UCAS for admission in 2020? Watch

Naenay
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I'm an Indian student studying in the Cambridge International curriculum. I'm doing my AS and A levels in one academic session of 2019-2020. My subjects are English, Biology, Sociology, Business, and Geography. I'll be giving my AS levels in October-November 2019 and A levels in February-March 2020. And I'd be getting my AS level scores by January 10th, 2020, so should I wait till then to submit my UCAS application with my AS level results or not? My preferences are LSE, King's College London, Durham, UCL, and Bristol.
Pls help, I'm fairly new to the UK application system.
Thanks
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Naenay)
I'm an Indian student studying in the Cambridge International curriculum. I'm doing my AS and A levels in one academic session of 2019-2020. My subjects are English, Biology, Sociology, Business, and Geography. I'll be giving my AS levels in October-November 2019 and A levels in February-March 2020. And I'd be getting my AS level scores by January 10th, 2020, so should I wait till then to submit my UCAS application with my AS level results or not? My preferences are LSE, King's College London, Durham, UCL, and Bristol.
Thanks
the deadline is january 15th so you could submit it on the 10th if you wanted to do so.
swanseajack1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
as claireestelle has said you have until 15 January to submit your application. However you are going to need to discuss this with your referee as to how much time they will need to complete your reference. You can submit your claim before your AS results and your referee can submit your predicted grades. Some prefer to submit the application early and schools in the UK often have much earlier deadlines to allow them to complete the reference. It really doesnt matter when it is submitted as long as its before the deadline as all applications before that date have equal consideration. Personally I dont see the need to wait for AS results and submit your application when you are ready. You are going to need to spend time on your PS and once everything is ready you can submit the application.
(Original post by Naenay)
Thanks
shumala01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Impressive! Doing the whole A level in one academic year is brilliant. Good luck
Naenay
Rep:
?
Thanks
(Original post by claireestelle)
the deadline is january 15th so you could submit it on the 10th if you wanted to do so.
Naenay
Rep:
?
So, adding my AS grades won’t add substance to my application? I was thinking to wait since I wanted to mention my academic performance also. I did my class 10 by an Indian National board CBSE and was thinking that it won’t add weight to the application. But if you suggest then applying early would then let me apply to oxford and try my chances.
Thanks
(Original post by swanseajack1)
as claireestelle has said you have until 15 January to submit your application. However you are going to need to discuss this with your referee as to how much time they will need to complete your reference. You can submit your claim before your AS results and your referee can submit your predicted grades. Some prefer to submit the application early and schools in the UK often have much earlier deadlines to allow them to complete the reference. It really doesnt matter when it is submitted as long as its before the deadline as all applications before that date have equal consideration. Personally I dont see the need to wait for AS results and submit your application when you are ready. You are going to need to spend time on your PS and once everything is ready you can submit the application.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (38)
26.03%
No (108)
73.97%

Watched Threads