EJC001
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi,
I'm starting a games design and animation at UWL in September, going into the first year.
Is it expected of students to confidently know the software that would be used (for example, Maya, Photoshop, etc)?
Trying to learn Maya by watching tutorials but having a really hard time keeping focused and being able to follow along. I also don't have access to Adobe programs so can't do photoshop.
Any answer would be useful.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by EJC001)
Hi,
I'm starting a games design and animation at UWL in September, going into the first year.
Is it expected of students to confidently know the software that would be used (for example, Maya, Photoshop, etc)?
Trying to learn Maya by watching tutorials but having a really hard time keeping focused and being able to follow along. I also don't have access to Adobe programs so can't do photoshop.
Any answer would be useful.
Contact and ask
https://www.uwlsu.com/organisation/7550/
[email protected]
EJC001
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
thank you for the suggestion. I sent an email to the address you provided
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by EJC001)
thank you for the suggestion. I sent an email to the address you provided
Hopefully he will give you a heads up, but if not contact the society and a student can give you an idea on their expectations.
UniversityofWestLondon
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi EJC001

We don’t assume that students are familiar with software packages when they begin the course, certainly not up to expert level! So, I would advise not to worry but a healthy awareness wouldn’t go amiss .

Let us know if you have any other queries, otherwise we look forward to you starting with us in September.

UWL Team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (226)
61.08%
No (77)
20.81%
Not sure (67)
18.11%

Watched Threads