Biology psychology and maths a levels

Watch
username4840902
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is anyone else taking these a levels next year, if so how are you preparing for them and what are your plans for the future???
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i do psychology and maths- i didn't really prep for psychology, maths i only did a bit where just went over gcse algebra concepts and some of the grade 9 stuff. most schools won't expect you to be prepping loads so don't worry too much about it.
username4840902
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
i do psychology and maths- i didn't really prep for psychology, maths i only did a bit where just went over gcse algebra concepts and some of the grade 9 stuff. most schools won't expect you to be prepping loads so don't worry too much about it.
I’ll probably go over grade 8/9 concepts to help prepare myself then, my school have given me summer projects for biology and psychology which is useful but I’m not really sure if they’re worth doing.
sy!¡
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm in year 12 atm (year 13 in September) and I do psychology.
You don't need to prepare in advance for Psychology.
There is a lot of content though once you do get into it. Start making flashcards/revision notes from mid year 12. I regret not doing this as I've fallen behind.
(Original post by Nicesprout67)
Is anyone else taking these a levels next year, if so how are you preparing for them and what are your plans for the future???
username4840902
Rep:
?
(Original post by s786!)
I'm in year 12 atm (year 13 in September) and I do psychology.
You don't need to prepare in advance for Psychology.
There is a lot of content though once you do get into it. Start making flashcards/revision notes from mid year 12. I regret not doing this as I've fallen behind.
I’ll take note of that then, I don’t want to fall behind so thank you for the advice!
alicial
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Biology is difficult and a living hell, psychology is really easy though if you're logical when it comes to exam questions and it's just factual recall so if you revise then you'll do well
sy!¡
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’ll take note of that then, I don’t want to fall behind so thank you for the advice!
No worries
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’ll probably go over grade 8/9 concepts to help prepare myself then, my school have given me summer projects for biology and psychology which is useful but I’m not really sure if they’re worth doing.
unless you're really bored or they are mandatory i wouldn't bother don't see how doing them wouldn't hurt but i couldn't be bothered to do much academic stuff post gcses:lol:
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Our students get a booklet of maths prep to do which is marked before they are confirmed on the course.
username4840902
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
unless you're really bored or they are mandatory i wouldn't bother don't see how doing them wouldn't hurt but i couldn't be bothered to do much academic stuff post gcses:lol:
Honestly right now I am quite bored, I might start them soon, I’m not sure if they are mandatory though
username4840902
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Our students get a booklet of maths prep to do which is marked before they are confirmed on the course.
I wish my school did that because all I’ve been given is given advice to go over gcse content, the specification and what parts to focus on over the summer
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wish my school did that because all I’ve been given is given advice to go over gcse content, the specification and what parts to focus on over the summer
It might be worth googling 'preparing for A level maths' and you will find some worksheets from other schools. [TES is free to register]
username4840902
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
It might be worth googling 'preparing for A level maths' and you will find some worksheets from other schools. [TES is free to register]
That’s a good idea thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.58%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.56%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.86%
I need help with my personal statement (59)
40.97%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.08%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.94%

Watched Threads