The Student Room Group

Rejected 10 times out of 10. Girls, am I ugly?

So as title says, I have been rejected 10 times in a row all by different girls. I'm 24 and never been with anyone etc.

There are girls who I've been talking to online where we have great long conversations. As soon as they see what I look like, they stop talking to me.

I'm left to only conclude that it's because I'm ugly. Picture attached.

https://imgur.com/gallery/4cYn9ns

What are my looks out of 10? Honest opinions..

Scroll to see replies

no m8
It's totally subjective. You'll get varying scores which only tell you what that one person thinks of your appearance, not the general population. I wouldn't say you're ugly at all. You'll find someone who will be attracted to you, but it's always best not to focus too much on finding someone and focus on yourself first. Also, your looks aren't the only decider of whether someone likes you. There are plenty of super handsome guys out there who can't score a date because their personality or attitude stinks. I'm not saying that yours does but you shouldn't focus just on your looks - consider other factors. Also include that the girls you're asking out may not be interested in dating anyone at that time in their lives. It doesn't always mean there's something wrong with you.
Original post by Anonymous
So as title says, I have been rejected 10 times in a row all by different girls. I'm 24 and never been with anyone etc.

There are girls who I've been talking to online where we have great long conversations. As soon as they see what I look like, they stop talking to me.

Reply 3
Original post by -Eirlys-
There are plenty of super handsome guys out there who can't score a date because their personality or attitude stinks.

Really?

Shouldn't be too hard for you to provide us with a real life example then :smile:
Reply 4
Hmmm but multiple opinions can create an "average" score which gets as close to the truth as empirtaclly possible.

If it was just 2 girls then whatever. But 10 different girls all at different stages of my life make me think otherwise. Independent results and all that.

I learnt recently at work that I come across as positive confident etc. Which was a surprise to me because inside it isn't the case but I manage.
Original post by -Eirlys-
It's totally subjective. You'll get varying scores which only tell you what that one person thinks of your appearance, not the general population. I wouldn't say you're ugly at all. You'll find someone who will be attracted to you, but it's always best not to focus too much on finding someone and focus on yourself first. Also, your looks aren't the only decider of whether someone likes you. There are plenty of super handsome guys out there who can't score a date because their personality or attitude stinks. I'm not saying that yours does but you shouldn't focus just on your looks - consider other factors. Also include that the girls you're asking out may not be interested in dating anyone at that time in their lives. It doesn't always mean there's something wrong with you.
Reply 5

make sure they know what you look like first before you get "talking" as the brutal truth is personality won't win the day

Also watch The UK version of dating in the dark on youtube if you're ever tempted to hide what you look like again thinking personality will pull you through.

As for your looks, in my personal opinion i'd say you are average.

On dating sites there is so much competition that average looking men don't tend to do very well, so if you are using them you are better off trying to meet a girl IRL where competition is less.
Reply 6
Hmmm but multiple opinions can create an "average" score which gets as close to the truth as empirtaclly possible.

If it was just 2 girls then whatever. But 10 different girls all at different stages of my life make me think otherwise. Independent results and all that.

I learnt recently at work that I come across as positive confident etc. Which was a surprise to me because inside it isn't the case but I manage.

10, frankly, isn't that many.
The mere fact that you really want a girl to date you can come across as desperate. Sometimes guys come across as entitled like 'I'm such a nice guy so every girl should want to date me'. I don't think guys realise how subtle things can come across like that. I think many people go through a lot more than 10 to find the right person. No harm in trying, but just because you've thrown out your line, doesn't mean you'll immediately catch a fish. You'll catch a few bits of rubbish every now and then. You'll find your fish one day, don't rush it. Life has a way of planning things out and bringing things together at just the right time.

Did you have common interests with those girls? (Like same/similar hobbies?)
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
I'm in full agreement with you.

When people say " oh personality matters more" I call BS. A good personality means you can be friends. To jump the gap between friend and "lover" it's allllll about looks. I've accepted that a long time ago.

I was hiding my personality per se when talking about this girl btw, we got talking through a forum where no one obviously shows what they look like. We "hit if off" well and exchanged numbers, on WhatsApp she can see my photo so from there she stopped talking to me
Original post by ANM775
make sure they know what you look like first before you get "talking" as the brutal truth is personality won't win the day

Also watch The UK version of dating in the dark on youtube if you're ever tempted to hide what you look like again thinking personality will pull you through.

As for your looks, in my personal opinion i'd say you are average.

On dating sites there is so much competition that average looking men don't tend to do very well, so if you are using them you are better off trying to meet a girl IRL where competition is less.
Ur deffo not ugly mate
I wasn't hiding *
I'm in full agreement with you.

When people say " oh personality matters more" I call BS. A good personality means you can be friends. To jump the gap between friend and "lover" it's allllll about looks. I've accepted that a long time ago.

I was hiding my personality per se when talking about this girl btw, we got talking through a forum where no one obviously shows what they look like. We "hit if off" well and exchanged numbers, on WhatsApp she can see my photo so from there she stopped talking to me
You look fine.

Despite what you say, I do suspect it is your personality/how you come across that may be letting you down.

You’ve also only talked to 10 women. Hardly a huge number.
Yeah yeah, even sharing niche interests and being able to talk about deep topics etc
Original post by SuperHuman98
Did you have common interests with those girls? (Like same/similar hobbies?)
You're not ugly.
Yeah yeah, even sharing niche interests and being able to talk about deep topics etc

Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe
You look fine.

Despite what you say, I do suspect it is your personality/how you come across that may be letting you down.

You’ve also only talked to 10 women. Hardly a huge number.

Yes as Iceaxe says you may be coming across great online but in real life how you come across (arrogant? unconfident? etc) may be letting you down. You have a limited time to create a first impression so be confident and dress properly. If you are doing all these things already then of course also you have only talked to 10 women. That's not a very big number at all. And you're not ugly.

You look almost too polished
Cute
What does this mean?
Original post by Little Popcorns
You look almost too polished
Reply 19
has OP turned you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending