The Student Room Group

clear skin

I don't wear make up, I never have.

ive never liked the feel on my face.

ive never had the money to buy the good stuff.

I don't have the time in the day to put it on and I don't have the skill to make it look good.

therefore I want to have good, healthy and clear skin so it doesn't matter so much and so that I stand out less.

does anyone know anything I can do to help this?
Just wear no make-up then, problem solved

However, girls that don't wear make-up definitely stand out and their eyes seem to look smaller so it's up to you
I only wear makeup when I want to and by that it’s usually when I’m out partying... want confidence? Get LVL done! It’s a lash lift (not extensions or anything - it’s your own lashes) and lasts for 6-8 weeks x !! Amazing and really I don’t wear makeup at all when I get that done x
With respect to the clear skin, it varies for me throughout the month. If your skin is really bad go to the doctors and they will prescribe you something to help... if it’s just the odd pimple here and there, I use a daily facial scrub xx
I personally find girls without make-up more attractive. I might be an oddity, I might not. I just prefer the more natural aesthetic.

Regarding skin maintenance, just wash your face regularly (but don't be too rough, as that can damage your skin or make it tougher, which you probably don't want - also, not too regularly, as your skin does contain natural oils which are there for a reason). Perhaps try using products such as face soaps / face washes (e.g. Clearasil). Also, moisturiser is never a bad idea, afaik.

Edit: Drinking plenty of water is also good advice. Try and avoid sugary drinks where possible, as there's a possible link there with acne or just poor skin in general.
(edited 4 years ago)
Try Zendaya’s skincare routine
African black soap
Witch hazel & rose water toner
Vitamin E oil
Tea tree oil on any spots
All of the above can be found pretty inexpensively at Superdrug or somewhere similar. Hope this helps x
Original post by tvshowaddict2112
I don't wear make up, I never have.

ive never liked the feel on my face.

ive never had the money to buy the good stuff.

I don't have the time in the day to put it on and I don't have the skill to make it look good.

therefore I want to have good, healthy and clear skin so it doesn't matter so much and so that I stand out less.

does anyone know anything I can do to help this?
These things might sound simple but it works a lot if you stick to it:
- Drink plenty of water - I'm 75kg so I drink around 2L a day
- I recently started reading articles and realized less milk and protein powder helps my skin clear (especially acne). But this depends on the person
- Try having cold showers, or hot then transition to cold. Or lukewarm.
- Aloe vera does magic, trust.
Do you use the plant or gel ?
Original post by kurro
These things might sound simple but it works a lot if you stick to it:
- Drink plenty of water - I'm 75kg so I drink around 2L a day
- I recently started reading articles and realized less milk and protein powder helps my skin clear (especially acne). But this depends on the person
- Try having cold showers, or hot then transition to cold. Or lukewarm.
- Aloe vera does magic, trust.
Gel. I normally use it in the morning and night. (One is always after the shower though, it's creams are more effective then)
This is the same one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/PraNaturals-Pure-Aloe-200ml-VEGAN/dp/B0796TBL1F/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa?keywords=aloe+vera+gel&qid=1562516193&s=gateway&sprefix=aloe+ver&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1
Original post by BonsaiColony
Do you use the plant or gel ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending