The Student Room Group

Is Photography A-Level Good?

I was interested in doing photography for one of my A-levels, but I have recently heard from someone that they aren't doing it because at the introduction it seemed dull and I know someone else has just dropped it. Have you done it and did you finish the course? If so was it good? And if not why? Thank you in advance for your help.
Original post by o.a.t.p
I was interested in doing photography for one of my A-levels, but I have recently heard from someone that they aren't doing it because at the introduction it seemed dull and I know someone else has just dropped it. Have you done it and did you finish the course? If so was it good? And if not why? Thank you in advance for your help.

You should question why you want to do it and if it will be useful for the next stage i,.e apprenticeship or uni.
Have you looked at the specification?

Its acceptable for things like design courses i.e directly applicable, but it will be non preferred for more academic subjects so think carefully before taking it about whether it helps you.

https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/art-and-design/as-and-a-level/art-and-design/subject-content/photography

I am aware there may be an A level just called photography, just hunt it out might be one of the other boards i.e Eduqas.
Original post by o.a.t.p

With A levels a lot depends on the teacher and facilities. Ask people in yr 13 at your college about what is good and bad about it.

Photography is quite an intensive A level - the coursework and general workload requirements throughout the year can be tough to keep up with if you’re not enjoying it.

Quick Reply

Latest