The Student Room Group

Gap Year Tips

Because I am changing degree subject, I am forced to take a gap year, or else apply for clearing which is something I would rather avoid. The issue with this, is that I have no relevant work experience for my degree course, which will be BA Economics, but I will also apply for Economic History at LSE and possibly Edinburgh. At this point, it may be hard to find any relevant work experience, so what do you suggest I do in my gap year? Is it enough just to get a day job, because I'm quite lost for ideas? Being that I am hoping to apply for LSE and St. Andrews I imagine that it wouldn't be. I do intend to read a **** ton of books to make my personal statement the best it can be though.
Original post by ErvinBoyes
Because I am changing degree subject, I am forced to take a gap year, or else apply for clearing which is something I would rather avoid. The issue with this, is that I have no relevant work experience for my degree course, which will be BA Economics, but I will also apply for Economic History at LSE and possibly Edinburgh. At this point, it may be hard to find any relevant work experience, so what do you suggest I do in my gap year? Is it enough just to get a day job, because I'm quite lost for ideas? Being that I am hoping to apply for LSE and St. Andrews I imagine that it wouldn't be. I do intend to read a **** ton of books to make my personal statement the best it can be though.

you don't have to have work experience for econ if you can't find any, i would try to get paid work and if you can find something relevant great but otherwise just focus on your reading for your ps, lse has great info about applying here http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Degree-programmes-2019/BSc-Economics
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
you don't have to have work experience for econ if you can't find any, i would try to get paid work and if you can find something relevant great but otherwise just focus on your reading for your ps, lse has great info about applying here http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Degree-programmes-2019/BSc-Economics

This is reassuring. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending