I do not know what to do. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
17, afab.

i have a lot of issues, so im going to try and wittle it down.

1. i am concerned about multiple of my moles + i keep getting new moles, a lot of them. i understand getting new moles is just a normal thing at my age, but some of these moles are extremely dark and irregularly shaped. Someti
2. as well as moles, i have some of these white little circles on my arms. My skin in general just worries me a lot.
3. I keep getting really bad headaches and keep finding bumps on my head (NOTE: I have not been diagnosed but my mothers side of the family has a history of excezma.)
4. Sometimes I experience stomach pains and pain in my arms and legs in general.
5. Neck pains.
6. I often experience breathing problems.
7. Not the most concerning matter here but I have missed my period for at least two months. I am not sexually active.

Here's the issue: I can't go to the local doctors because it's likely they will not do sh.t.

When I went regarding my breathing, they checked it and said it was fine and dismissed it despite the fact i made it clear that, because it was consistent at the time, it was an evening problem. They checked one mole and said it was fine without questioning me regarding any others and also said they only checked moles if they got darker or bigger (2 out of 6 of the ABCDEs) and essentially treated my concern as ridiculous because of my age even though my concern is rooted in the fact that not only is it possible for people my age to get skin cancers albeit uncommon: I know someone my age and someone in their early 20s who had both dealt with melanoma. I was just referred to a place for mental health which I can't even contact now because my case has been closed: my letter arrived six days late. I'm going to try and contact them anyway, but I'm extremely annoyed about that.

my local hospital has awful reviews and literally everyone says the receptionists are its only saving grace but I really have nowhere else to go. what do I do?
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
17, afab.

1. i am concerned about multiple of my moles + i keep getting new moles, a lot of them. i understand getting new moles is just a normal thing at my age, but some of these moles are extremely dark and irregularly shaped. Someti
2. as well as moles, i have some of these white little circles on my arms. My skin in general just worries me a lot.
3. I keep getting really bad headaches and keep finding bumps on my head (NOTE: I have not been diagnosed but my mothers side of the family has a history of excezma.)
4. Sometimes I experience stomach pains and pain in my arms and legs in general.
5. Neck pains.
7. Not the most concerning matter here but I have missed my period for at least two months. I am not sexually active.

Here's the issue: I can't go to the local doctors because it's likely they will not do sh.t.

When I went regarding my breathing, they checked it and said it was fine and dismissed it despite the fact i made it clear that, because it was consistent at the time, it was an evening problem. They checked one mole and said it was fine without questioning me regarding any others and also said they only checked moles if they got darker or bigger (2 out of 6 of the ABCDEs) and essentially treated my concern as ridiculous because of my age even though my concern is rooted in the fact that not only is it possible for people my age to get skin cancers albeit uncommon: I know someone my age and someone in their early 20s who had both dealt with melanoma. I was just referred to a place for mental health which I can't even contact now because my case has been closed: my letter arrived six days late. I'm going to try and contact them anyway, but I'm extremely annoyed about that.

my local hospital has awful reviews and literally everyone says the receptionists are its only saving grace but I really have nowhere else to go. what do I do?
Gonna have to see someone at least, is there not a walk in centre?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
17, afab.

5. Neck pains.

see a private gp perhaps?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Gonna have to see someone at least, is there not a walk in centre?
not that i know of
Anonymous #1
(Original post by claireestelle)
see a private gp perhaps?
thats what i was considering but again i dont know of a local one.

ill try looking into it.
Anonymous #1
update: i have located a walk in center somewhere near to me and ill see if that brings any hope
iseesparksfly
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think that when you talk about your symptoms and concerns with doctors who don't seem to care, you should exaggerate them just a little. Not to the point of misdiagnosis but to the point where it would be unprofessional of them to not give them all a check up. I had to do that and it got my false diagnosis of migraines to my correct diagnosis of epilepsy.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by iseesparksfly)
I think that when you talk about your symptoms and concerns with doctors who don't seem to care, you should exaggerate them just a little. Not to the point of misdiagnosis but to the point where it would be unprofessional of them to not give them all a check up. I had to do that and it got my false diagnosis of migraines to my correct diagnosis of epilepsy.
im so sorry and its bullsh!t you had to do that. they need to do better.
iseesparksfly
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know right, it got to a point where I was almost begging for an MRI at least, they eventually gave me that and an EEG thank gosh. It's a rare type of epilepsy so I can understand their confusion but when you're telling them that something is wrong and they brush it off as something relatively normal it's so sh!t. I hope everything goes well for you and they listen
im so sorry and its bullsh!t you had to do that. they need to do better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.94%
No I am happy with my course choice (488)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.49%

Watched Threads