The Student Room Group

not sure what i'm doing- medicine

Have been feeling really down for a couple of years now. Basically it started in sixth form with everyone asking me what I wanted to do at uni and I didn't know. So I took a gap year and now I am at the end of that and am still not sure. I applied for medicine because it's an interesting career and it's a course I think would be interesting to study. But I'm not sure whether to choose and easier life and career, I've heard so many negatives about medicine. But I am running out of time. I can't take another gap year. It is either medicine, economics and finance, or biology/ natural sciences. And now I will have to apply through clearing for any of those other courses. I am in a real predicament and I just don't know how to move forward. Being a doctor has never been a dream of mine, it has just been something I have considered given my interests.
Original post by Anonymous
Have been feeling really down for a couple of years now. Basically it started in sixth form with everyone asking me what I wanted to do at uni and I didn't know. So I took a gap year and now I am at the end of that and am still not sure. I applied for medicine because it's an interesting career and it's a course I think would be interesting to study. But I'm not sure whether to choose and easier life and career, I've heard so many negatives about medicine. But I am running out of time. I can't take another gap year. It is either medicine, economics and finance, or biology/ natural sciences. And now I will have to apply through clearing for any of those other courses. I am in a real predicament and I just don't know how to move forward. Being a doctor has never been a dream of mine, it has just been something I have considered given my interests.

how did you feel when you got your work experience for medicine? did you enjoy it ?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
how did you feel when you got your work experience for medicine? did you enjoy it ?

I did find it interesting yes. But I wasn't the one with the responsibility and actually doing the hard work, the nights, the weekends etc. if you know what I mean. I enjoyed it but I don't know if I am being an idiot by not choosing an easier path.
Original post by Anonymous
I did find it interesting yes. But I wasn't the one with the responsibility and actually doing the hard work, the nights, the weekends etc. if you know what I mean. I enjoyed it but I don't know if I am being an idiot by not choosing an easier path.

medicine is certainly not an easy option. any advice you can share ? :smile:
Reply 4
It's not that i don't want to do the nights, weekends etc. I am just a negative thinker. I can't explain it really.

What should I choose instead?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending