Appealing against N grade Watch

Nahuel GG
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Can I appeal to the IB for giving me an N grade for English because I was given a SL paper to do , and thought I was doing SL but had actually been signed up for HL ? I am happy to retake but it seems the mistake was not just my own . This and the much lower than predicted Visual arts grade has meant I was not awarded the Diploma .
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nahuel GG)
Can I appeal to the IB for giving me an N grade for English because I was given a SL paper to do , and thought I was doing SL but had actually been signed up for HL ? I am happy to retake but it seems the mistake was not just my own . This and the much lower than predicted Visual arts grade has meant I was not awarded the Diploma .
Are you saying that the exam you took was the SL but the exam you were entered for was the HL?

If your centre (ie school/college) entered you wrongly for the HL then this isn't something that the IB are likely going to accept responsibility for.

If IB have processed your English SL exam as HL wrongly and you were entered by your centre for SL then the IB are at fault and you should ask for an administrative check/remark.

I'm not very familiar with IB's remarking process though so can't offer much help beyond that. These sorts of problems are often at the fault of centres though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby