Road to GCSEs - grow your grades Watch

Abbie_B_123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don't really knwo how this works but here I am pretending that I do.

Basically, I am going to be documenting my stressful life with GCSEs. Its less than a year till I sit my first exam so we will see if I keep this up.

Some background information:
I'm in year ten and I guess you would consider me to be 'intelligent'. However, recently I have been finding it hard having friends who are all academically gifted because my version of great grades don't really look to good. I'm trying to improve my grades as they are not where I would like them to be.
I recently did my mocks so I will post a those grades on here. I also sat two gcses this year - English language and further maths.

My subjects and aspirational grades:
Aqa English literature - 8
Aqa English language (sat this year) - 7/8
Edexcel Maths- 8
Aqa Further maths(sat this year) - A/A*
Aqa Biology - 8
Aqa Chemistry - 7/8
Aqa Physics - 8
Edqudas RE ( short course) - 9
Aqa history - 9
Aqa geography - 9
Aqa German - 8

I'm hoping to post weekly updates. However, over summer I might nog do much 😂
Last edited by Abbie_B_123; 1 month ago
ArunC11
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Abbie_B_123)
I don't really knwo how this works but here I am pretending that I do.

Basically, I am going to be documenting my stressful life with GCSEs. Its less than a year till I sit my first exam so we will see if I keep this up.

Some background information:
I'm in year ten and I guess you would consider me to be 'intelligent'. However, recently I have been finding it hard having friends who are all academically gifted because my version of great grades don't really look to good. I'm trying to improve my grades as they are not where I would like them to be.
I recently did my mocks so I will post a those grades on here. I also sat two gcses this year - English language and further maths.

My subjects and aspirational grades:
Aqa English literature - 8
Aqa English language (sat this year) - 7/8
Edexcel Maths- 8
Aqa Further maths(sat this year) - A/A*
Aqa Biology - 8
Aqa Chemistry - 7/8
Aqa Physics - 8
Edqudas RE ( short course) - 9
Aqa history - 9
Aqa geography - 9
Aqa German - 8

I'm hoping to post weekly updates. However, over summer I might nog do much 😂
Me before GCSEs 2019 - I think I have a chance at all 9s
Me after GCSEs 2019 - I’ll be happy for one 9!

I hope you get your grades, but don’t be me (and most of our year) and think too optimistic, REVISE!
Good Luck!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Abbie_B_123
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArunC11)
Me before GCSEs 2019 - I think I have a chance at all 9s
Me after GCSEs 2019 - I’ll be happy for one 9!

I hope you get your grades, but don’t be me (and most of our year) and think too optimistic, REVISE!
Good Luck!
Thank you.
That's how I feel about englsih language. At the beginning of the year I wanted to get an 8 but it isn't really looking likely so I will be happy with a 6.
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
woah how come you sat fm early?
Abbie_B_123
Rep:
?
(Original post by mez_merising)
woah how come you sat fm early?
I think it was so we could sit it on the current specification and the teacher wanted to focus on one type of maths at a time. If I don't get what i want I can easily retake it.
bubiska
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
this year was really hard with the IGCSEs
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Abbie_B_123)
I think it was so we could sit it on the current specification and the teacher wanted to focus on one type of maths at a time. If I don't get what i want I can easily retake it.
that’s kinda crazy but good luck!!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Abbie_B_123
Rep:
?
(Original post by mez_merising)
that’s kinda crazy but good luck!!
Thanks. I think it went alright but I'll have to wait till August to find out.
Abbie_B_123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Year 10 Mock Results:

This week I got my mock results back and I am happy with the majority of them. I thought it would be a good idea to share my grades and how I feel with them. Since it is now summer, I will be sharing my school related summer plans.
If you don't understand what some of my grades mean, I don't mind explaining.

Maths: 5
Not lie, I am super disappointed but not surprised. I did no revision and found the exams pretty hard. Hopefully I can improve because I would like an 8.

Combined science: 87
I'm so buzzed about this. I thought science had gone alright but I wasn't expecting this. All year, I have been getting 6s and low 7s, so I'm so happy with this result. I was only expecting a 67 at most. I didn't do much revision for any sciences - only about two hours the night before the exam.

R.E. (short course) : 7
My target in re is a 9, so this isn't the best, but I only want an 8 so I'm not super mad. I didn't do any revision for re so this is quite good considering my lack of revision.

German: 5
In our school, everyone sits the foundation paper for their first language mock so a 5 was the highest I could get. Either way I would be disappointed with what I got, but I 5 is the best so I'm not mad. I thought I did quite well but u wanted to do higher to see what I would get but nevertheless I still did alright.

Geography: 9
Yayay. I'm buzzed with this cause I worked so hard for geography and it paid off. I was actually joint best in the year with my score so that's good. There were a few things I could have improved on but mostly it wasn't my knowledge that was a problem but more the way I wrote things and what I forgot to include.

History: 9
Again, I'm so happy with this grade. I worked really hard for history and was really stressed about the exam but it went really well. There were a few things that's I could have improved on but in still over thr moon with tis grade.

Summer Revision Plans:
Over summer, I would like to do quite a bit of revision. I plan on making notes or flashcards on everything I have learnt this year. I have a massive to-do list with everything I would like to do but it's not very likely that I will get it all done.
Last edited by Abbie_B_123; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.41%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.52%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (86)
19.07%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.13%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.66%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.21%