Tips for third year? Watch

aims143
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am now going into third year. I'm doing a history degree at Uni of Lei. I didn't do as well as I'd hoped for second year. Nothing too disadvantaging tho.

I was just hoping for some tips and advice to keep in mind next year. To do as well as I possibly can. I'm just really panicked and worried about it.

Thanks in advance!
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aims143)
I am now going into third year. I'm doing a history degree at Uni of Lei. I didn't do as well as I'd hoped for second year. Nothing too disadvantaging tho.

I was just hoping for some tips and advice to keep in mind next year. To do as well as I possibly can. I'm just really panicked and worried about it.

Thanks in advance!
Keep organised from the start in terms of compiling your notes, revising topics and research and reading for classes and assignments. If there are areas which you don't understand, ask your lecturer for more help or look to do some wider reading that will help clarify grey areas for you.

In terms of your second year assignments, do you understand where you lost marks from your tutor feedback - use this to improve on your final year assignments. Again, if there is something you don't understand about your tutor's comments, you could email them for more clarification.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Attack the assumptions within the question/title.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Thanks in advance!
Hey, dont worry you will b fine! as long as you are willing to put the work in you should get out your best. I would say treat third year like a 9-5 job. Be strict with yourself and start things as early as possible to make sure you have the time to put in your best effort. Always ask questions as well!! Good Luck!
Sophia
aims143
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank you! I really want to do as well as I know I am capable of! I barely made an effort last year. I'm already looking into potential material for my dissertation, when would you recommend I start?
(Original post by hallamstudents)
Hey, dont worry you will b fine! as long as you are willing to put the work in you should get out your best. I would say treat third year like a 9-5 job. Be strict with yourself and start things as early as possible to make sure you have the time to put in your best effort. Always ask questions as well!! Good Luck!
Sophia
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Great! I think just looking into what you subject/area you are interested in doing is the best thing for now and you dont want to get too ahead and do the wrong thing. Personally my dissertation experience was that they really take you through it all step by step so it may be best to wait until you start!
Sophia
Thank you! I really want to do as well as I know I am capable of! I barely made an effort last year. I'm already looking into potential material for my dissertation, when would you recommend I start?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I barely made an effort last year.
I was going to ask you if you knew what made you perform not up to par last year, but you've answered that for me. If you follow the advice that other posters have given you, then you're on the right track!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (137)
17.7%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9.56%
No I am happy with my course choice (456)
58.91%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (107)
13.82%

Watched Threads