The Student Room Group

What do you prefer, finding people IRL or finding people through dating apps

Personally I like to meet people in real life. Through mutual friends or from work or by traveling. I think finding people through apps is kind of lame, sorry. And from what I've heard there are a lot of weird people on there. What do you prefer.
No preference. I've met people both ways. Apps allowed me to meet people I would otherwise never have come across. My last girlfriend was quite intimidating on sight and I think if we had first met in person I wouldn't have even considered her.
(edited 4 years ago)
Having dated people through both mediums, I'd say in real life. My irl relationships were a lot healthier and general communication with and understanding of my partner was much better. Regardless of how you meet them, online or not, to maintain a relationship (if that's your goal😂) being able to get along irl is key. If you are generally a bad communicator, yoi will struggle with relationships whether they are online or not.
They have proven equally useless for me.
Irl.
Too many online creeps that send d*** pics, scammers, weirdos and other problem daters.
Irl. Feel like I can form a better connection if it's face to face.
Reply 7
Not just meeting girls in real life, but girls who I can talk to and see in person consistently. For example work colleagues or classmates. I say consistent contact because staying in touch with a girl over WhatsApp whom you’ve only met once or twice is much easier said than done. It’s also very easy for girls to start avoiding you once they sense that you’re interested in them. Ignoring your messages and not frequenting the same places where you would meet them in person.

It’s much easier to get to know a girl better face to face when you can learn about her personality and observe her behaviour around you. As opposed to talking to someone online with mere words on a screen and a couple of photos, then meeting them in real life and finding out they were not what you expected. You learn nothing about someone without face to face contact, and it’s much easier to entertain the idea of a relationship when you spend a lot of time with the same girl - they’re more likely to say yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending