UCAS deadline for Imperial College+Oxbridge applicants

Watch
Bazookatron21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
So I have just checked the imperial website and I found that if you're applying to both Oxbridge and Imperial, you have to apply at an earlier deadline (15th October) rather than 15th Jan (mentioned here: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/...when-to-apply/ ). I don't think my school knows about this since they've never mentioned it and I'm the only person that I know of that knows anything about this. Do you guys know if it's necessary to apply earlier and would it affect my chances of getting in if I apply at the later deadline?
Thanks.

Edit: Nevermid, I forgot that all the applications have to sent at the same time so that answers my question.
Last edited by Bazookatron21; 1 year ago
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bazookatron21)
Hi,
So I have just checked the imperial website and I found that if you're applying to both Oxbridge and Imperial, you have to apply at an earlier deadline (15th October) rather than 15th Jan (mentioned here: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/...when-to-apply/ ). I don't think my school knows about this since they've never mentioned it and I'm the only person that I know of that knows anything about this. Do you guys know if it's necessary to apply earlier and would it affect my chances of getting in if I apply at the later deadline?
Thanks.
The Oxbridge deadline has always been 15th October ... I'm sure your school knows this. [Btw, it doesn't matter where else you are applying - if one of your choices is Oxbridge it has to be in]
Bazookatron21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Oh, I didn't know that you submit all of them at once. But yeah, that makes sense cuz you can't apply to universities separately. I guess that was a stupid question, thanks for letting me know.
(Original post by Muttley79)
The Oxbridge deadline has always been 15th October ... I'm sure your school knows this. [Btw, it doesn't matter where else you are applying - if one of your choices is Oxbridge it has to be in]
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As above, the Oxbridge deadline is the 15th of October (same as the medicine/dentistry/vet med deadline). So the matter isn't something unique to Imperial if you also apply to Oxbridge; it's any application to Oxbridge, regardless of your other choices (if any).

Note, you don't need to apply to Imperial as well by the 15th; you can submit your application for Oxford/Cambridge by the 15th of October, and then add in your other choices by the main deadline of January 15th. That said, most Oxbridge applicants will apply to all their options at the same time by the earlier deadline.

This isn't necessarily a major factor, however you will normally have finished your interviews (if interviewed) and (usually) received an offer or rejection from Oxford/Cambridge by then, which might change your decision on which other universities to apply to potentially.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (565)
34.2%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (680)
41.16%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.1%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.54%

Watched Threads