What degree are you taking/planning on taking? Watch

atiduy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hobicorn)
Psychology and neuroscience sounds so fascinating, but I doubt I'd be smart enough to even consider studying something so complex! How are you finding the degree?
its so interesting i enjoy it so much even though its hard work. i was worried about taking neuro joint honours but i really think anyone can study anything if they're interested in the field. it's all about motivation and applying yourself more than anything else. i absolutely cannot do maths for the life of me and yet here i am two years in having passed my stats module each year! if i can do it anyone can haha
Themysticalegg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
MA Public Policy
Doing it out of interest part time. Absolutely do not need it currently.
RainbowIceCream
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m going to Queens Uni in Belfast this September to start Psychology BSc 🤗
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i don't know if i'm allowed to post here as i've already graduated, but it was in cell biology/biochemistry.

i was extremely lucky to have benefited enormously from it as biology really is a useless subject unless you want to do a PhD and go into academia. the only subject more useless is psychology.
RainbowIceCream
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ahh well.... I’m looking forward to getting my teeth into the psychology course anyway 😆
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
i don't know if i'm allowed to post here as i've already graduated, but it was in cell biology/biochemistry.

i was extremely lucky to have benefited enormously from it as biology really is a useless subject unless you want to do a PhD and go into academia. the only subject more useless is psychology.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I read 3x philosophy degrees
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
LLB Law at the University of Sheffield. Loving it so far
LivingGunn
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm in year 11 but I'm considering law, forensic science or environmental science (taking biology, chemistry & english lit at a-level).
A Rolling Stone
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RainbowIceCream)
Ahh well.... I’m looking forward to getting my teeth into the psychology course anyway 😆
you'll be fine just make sure you do work experience every single summer, (working behind a bar is even better than something psych related unless it's an official internship)... a weekend job would be good too if you can manage it on top of everything else
Claydo66
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Cambridge natural sciences would be the dream.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
particle_01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Good Luck! Do you think Southampton is up there as one of the best Uni's for Physics? Equal to Warwick?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Finished A-levels, waiting for results day :bebored: if I get the grades it's physics at Imperial, if I get slightly worse grades then physics at Southampton.
For most of year 12 I was pretty certain I wanted to do aerospace engineering, which is actually why I chose those two unis initially
samb1104
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

What do you do now?
RainbowIceCream
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you- hopefully fingers crossed 🤞🏻

you'll be fine just make sure you do work experience every single summer, (working behind a bar is even better than something psych related unless it's an official internship)... a weekend job would be good too if you can manage it on top of everything else
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by particle_01)
Good Luck! Do you think Southampton is up there as one of the best Uni's for Physics? Equal to Warwick?
Thanks! As it happens I did apply to Warwick and Birmingham too. I chose Southampton because they had nice course options - specifically, I applied there for Physics with Space Science, which just generally seemed more interesting - since I'd abandoned doing aerospace engineering (but still liked the idea of doing it) I thought it was a nice compromise - I'd learn about orbital mechanics, spacecraft design, space physics, stuff like that. Warwick didn't seem to have that.

Comparison is difficult and I had a hard time weighing Southampton up against Warwick at one point. I'd been rejected from Cambridge and if I didn't get into Imperial I was trying to decide whether I'd firm Warwick, firm Southampton (which had the lowest offer at AABC, so an insurance would be pointless). However, I never intended to have Warwick be my insurance because it was A*AA.
If I had wanted to go down a more purely physics-oriented course programme, or maths with/and physics, I'd have gone for Warwick.
particle_01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you. Well hopefully Insurance option won't be needed
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Thanks! As it happens I did apply to Warwick and Birmingham too. I chose Southampton because they had nice course options - specifically, I applied there for Physics with Space Science, which just generally seemed more interesting - since I'd abandoned doing aerospace engineering (but still liked the idea of doing it) I thought it was a nice compromise - I'd learn about orbital mechanics, spacecraft design, space physics, stuff like that. Warwick didn't seem to have that.

Comparison is difficult and I had a hard time weighing Southampton up against Warwick at one point. I'd been rejected from Cambridge and if I didn't get into Imperial I was trying to decide whether I'd firm Warwick, firm Southampton (which had the lowest offer at AABC, so an insurance would be pointless). However, I never intended to have Warwick be my insurance because it was A*AA.
If I had wanted to go down a more purely physics-oriented course programme, or maths with/and physics, I'd have gone for Warwick.
realistpotato
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yh tsr is like my only source of online communication:dong: My parents think social media will lower my academic performance
(Original post by Anonymous)
Year 8, bloody hell, that's a record.
rjckk
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Meowgi256)
Hoping to apply for Oxford for Mathematics. Also looking at Imperial, UCL, Bristol, and Exeter.
What's your ambition?
rjckk
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
hoping to do psychology at cardiff university or st andrews
What grade are you in now?
rjckk
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you want to learn Chinese?
(Original post by MinaBee)
I do Spanish and Japanese :groovy:
Deggs_14
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m going to be applying for geography at Bristol, Durham, Edinburgh and St Andrews.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (137)
17.77%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (73)
9.47%
No I am happy with my course choice (454)
58.88%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (107)
13.88%

Watched Threads