The Student Room Group

What degree are you taking/planning on taking?

Scroll to see replies

Hopefully, (results pending ofc) I will be starting my BA in Sociology at the University of Sheffield in Sep 2019. I'm an NI student, so I'm kinda worried that I'll find no one from home in Sheffield, because everyone at home goes to QUB or UU. I might switch my degree to Politics with Sociology, if I get better grades on results day.
Waiting for my A2 results and hopefully I will apply to Oxford for Physics (2020 entry following the gap year
Will also apply to Edinburgh and Bristol, (I love Edinburgh). Ultimately, I think I’ll end up doing more Theoretical Physics. Tbh, I want my degree to be flexible enough to do Maths for PhD which depends on the third or fourth year options.
Reply 42
Good luck to you guys waiting for A2 results! Wishing you all the best ^^ honestly, I just want results day to come because I hate the wait haha
Currently in Y12 and applying to study Classics, hopefully at Cambridge!
Reply 44
This sounds dumb, but what exactly is classics? Good luck with getting into Cambridge! I couldn't even imagine applying to somewhere like there lmao
Original post by inspiringcolours
Currently in Y12 and applying to study Classics, hopefully at Cambridge!
Not the first time I've heard that one! Classics is the study of Greece and Rome from around 1300 BC (sometimes earlier) to 500 AD; it includes the history, literature, languages, philosophy, art, architecture, traditions, culture and much more of those societies.
Original post by hobicorn
This sounds dumb, but what exactly is classics? Good luck with getting into Cambridge! I couldn't even imagine applying to somewhere like there lmao
Original post by rjckk
What grade are you in now?

currently i'm in year 12
In terms of career?
Original post by rjckk
What's your ambition?
I’m looking at studying history & I’m currently looking at Reading, Southampton, Nottingham, Warwick & Cardiff :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest