lgbt Watch

Pany5689
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
what’s your thoughts on lgbt people? i will never understand why people are homophobic/transphobic like what harm are they doing to you? none, they’re just living their life’s and i will never believe that there is a valid reason not to support them and to fight for their rights, people who say it’s against their religion are all hypocrites as their bible/quran is full of contradictions and they really believe in some whatever in the sky? it’s a joke, people just use religion to back up their argument for them having no actual reason, you might not like the same sex and that’s completely okay but some people do and that’s completely okay, we should be trying to make the world a better place and spreading love
RazzzBerries
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don’t appreciate the “whatever in the sky” comment as a religious person, but I can say that I am a Christian and fully back the LGBTQ+
community.

We can have this debate time and time again but it’ll just go in circles. My view: have your beliefs but never use them to harm someone else.
iseesparksfly
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
LGBT people deserve to be treated with the exact same respect and kindness as people who aren't LGBT. Using any kind of belief system to try to justify hatefulness and discriminatory and rude behaviour is absolutely not okay.
Last edited by iseesparksfly; 1 week ago
Pany5689
Rep:
?
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
I don’t appreciate the “whatever in the sky” comment as a religious person, but I can say that I am a Christian and fully back the LGBTQ+
community.

We can have this debate time and time again but it’ll just go in circles. My view: have your beliefs but never use them to harm someone else.
that sounds like a you problem
CHANELDIAMONDS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't care what sexuality you are. I will treat you with respect because you're a human with feelings and i have no space in my heart for hatred. I accept anyone as long as they're not harming anyone. People can do whatever they love.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Part of the community, was a representative in college for LGBT women, been writing LGBT fiction for 13yrs now and used to write and direct LGBT short films.

I'm homophobic, clearly.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
RazzzBerries
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS)
I don't care what sexuality you are. I will treat you with respect because you're a human with feelings and i have no space in my heart for hatred. I accept anyone as long as they're not harming anyone. People can do whatever they love.
This ^

❤️
CHANELDIAMONDS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
This ^

❤️
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Pany5689)
people just use religion to back up their argument for them having no actual reason,
I don't understand? what's wrong with that exactly, if the only reason is because they're religion says so.
The Mogg
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'll give a tenner to anyone ballsy enough to give a negative view
Spoiler:
Show
Not really. I don't even have a tenner, I'm broke.
Last edited by The Mogg; 1 week ago
Pany5689
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
I don't understand? what's wrong with that exactly, if the only reason is because they're religion says so.
because religion is all about acceptance of everyone so that includes the lgbt community and the quotes in the bible doesn’t actually say it’s a sin but a lot of religious people infer it in their own way to use it with their agenda to be against them, clearly i’ve found a homophobe, gtfo my post
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
because religion is all about acceptance of everyone so that includes the lgbt community and the quotes in the bible doesn’t actually say it’s a sin but a lot of religious people infer it in their own way to use it with their agenda to be against them, clearly i’ve found a homophobe, gtfo my post
what exactly do you mean by acceptance?

what is sin? according to the Bible, it is the "transgression of the law"(1 Jn 3:4), committing homosexuality is transgressing God's law (lev 18:22, 20:13), therefore, it is sin.
Leviathanzzz
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Religion is rarely the source of homophobia rather it's just a justification for those prejudices and hatred. They're positions developed from one's surroundings, most homophobes haven't actually gone through the Bible or Quran and developed a thoughtful position on the matter. Homophobia (I should say really any sort of LGBT-phobia) exist and has also existed throughout atheist and humanist movements.

Edit: I feel obliged to mention that I think this lack of thoughtful dissection is where most of modern religious perspectives come from, we take what we like and all our others religious beliefs stem from our relations with our own, personal God, not relying exclusively on external experiences in whichever holy text
Last edited by Leviathanzzz; 1 week ago
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Leviathanzzz)
Religion is rarely the source of homophobia rather it's just a justification for those prejudices and hatred. They're positions developed from one's surroundings, most homophobes haven't actually gone through the Bible or Quran and developed a thoughtful position on the matter. Homophobia (I should say really any sort of LGBT-phobia) exist and has existed throughout atheist and humanist movements.
I must be the rare cases then
Leviathanzzz
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I must be the rare cases then
How so?

Also cool name :cool:
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How so?

Also cool name :cool:
well I had no issue with homosexuals until I read the Bible. then I changed my views.

thanks copycat👍😁
Leviathanzzz
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
well I had no issue with homosexuals until I read the Bible. then I changed my views.

thanks copycat👍😁
Ah I see, I'll trust your decision was a thoughtful and seemingly moral one (even though I can't deny I find the core premise reprehensible). To what extent do you take issue with homosexuality, is it simply a sin as all humans are guilty, of which we can be forgiven or is it utterly reprehensible in your mind, somewhere inbetween? How do these conclusions translate into your world view, are they entitled to live their lives as they please or must a harder approach be taken?

Copycat? Alas, over my many years experiences I've learned that leviathan isn't the most original name out there... there's alot. Atleast I've got a z at the end which makes me cooler.
Jackaleksandr
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
what’s your thoughts on lgbt people? i will never understand why people are homophobic/transphobic like what harm are they doing to you? none, they’re just living their life’s and i will never believe that there is a valid reason not to support them and to fight for their rights, people who say it’s against their religion are all hypocrites as their bible/quran is full of contradictions and they really believe in some whatever in the sky? it’s a joke, people just use religion to back up their argument for them having no actual reason, you might not like the same sex and that’s completely okay but some people do and that’s completely okay, we should be trying to make the world a better place and spreading love
Because people suck and love to wallow in their ignorance.

Until religious people start protesting socks, tattoos, cutting hair, shellfish etc, I refuse to believe that religion is the reason for their bigotry.
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ah I see, I'll trust your decision was a thoughtful and seemingly moral one (even though I can't deny I find the core premise reprehensible). To what extent do you take issue with homosexuality, is it simply a sin as all humans are guilty, of which we can be forgiven or is it utterly reprehensible in your mind, somewhere inbetween? How do these conclusions translate into your world view, are they entitled to live their lives as they please or must a harder approach be taken?

Copycat? Alas, over my many years experiences I've learned that leviathan isn't the most original name out there... there's alot. Atleast I've got a z at the end which makes me cooler.
I think on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is completely accepting, I'd say I'm on 9/9.5. I would answer your question in more detail but I don't want to risk breaking Tsr rules

so far you're the second Leviathan I've met on tsr😁
Leviathanzzz
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is completely accepting, I'd say I'm on 9/9.5. I would answer your question in more detail but I don't want to risk breaking Tsr rules and getting banned for a week or something.

so far you're the second Leviathan I've met on tsr😁
I'll take your word on that :flute:

Oh don't get me started, I have no idea how many variations of the name leviathan I've met. I really thought I was being slick when I first choose it and put the z at the end... I was sure no one else would ever think of it. Even here Leviathanz and Leviathanzz were both taken. So now I'm a bloody third rate Leviathanz. Wouldn't be surprised if 1611 beat you out on the Leviathan username here honestly lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (125)
19.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.31%
No I am happy with my course choice (357)
56.31%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (93)
14.67%

Watched Threads