Incels. Watch

Olivia.Omo16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Girls (or boys), has anybody came across an Incel and how did you deal with it?
Incel: members of an online subculture who define themselves as unable to find a romantic or sexual partner despite desiring one, a state they describe as inceldom.
PetitePanda
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah I know one and I dealt with him by giving him support constantly but he was an ******** so I stopped being his friend because he was insensitive so idk how my support impacted on him and what his progress was like. I'm sorry like.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just avoid them before they add you to their inevitable hit list.
Alesha1991
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Yeah I know one and I dealt with him by giving him support constantly but he was an ******** so I stopped being his friend because he was insensitive so idk how my support impacted on him and what his progress was like. I'm sorry like.
(Original post by UWS)
Just avoid them before they add you to their inevitable hit list.
I've never come across any incels in real life but I've seen plenty of them online. They're always going on about 'lookism', the idea that women are so shallow & focused purely on physical appearance & obsessing over minor details of their own appearances as the reason women aren't interested in them. Also the 80/20 rule, their idea that 80% of the women are only interested in the top 20% of men, so called 'Chads'. It's obvious from what I've seen of them that the real reasons these incels have no success with women is that the whole incel mentality is based around;
Disgusting misogyny, they regularly use dehumanising terms for women & talk about them as if they have no purpose other than to provide sexual pleasure for men. Some of the more extreme incels even talk about their fantasies of how they would like to rape, torture or enslave women.
Their whiny, self pitying attitude, plus their sense of entitlement, laziness and refusal to take any steps which could improve their situation.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Massively overrated. Don't give them the credit or attention they're craving.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
People in real life who aren't able to find a sexual partner probably don't go around shouting about it, so how would you know?

If a man or woman I knew was "involuntarily celibate", I don't really think I'd need to "deal with it". I'd probably just feel sympathy for them, I guess?
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes, most males on TSR.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Met many.

Not sure what you mean by "how did you deal with it?" There wasn't really anything to do.
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Olivia.Omo16)
Incel: members of an online subculture who define themselves as unable to find a romantic or sexual partner despite desiring one, a state they describe as inceldom.
I'd tell them straight that their problem is:-

It's not that girls go for bad-boys, it's that they don't go for pussies. Deal with it!
Olivia.Omo16
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alesha1991)
I've never come across any incels in real life but I've seen plenty of them online. They're always going on about 'lookism', the idea that women are so shallow & focused purely on physical appearance & obsessing over minor details of their own appearances as the reason women aren't interested in them. Also the 80/20 rule, their idea that 80% of the women are only interested in the top 20% of men, so called 'Chads'. It's obvious from what I've seen of them that the real reasons these incels have no success with women is that the whole incel mentality is based around;
Disgusting misogyny, they regularly use dehumanising terms for women & talk about them as if they have no purpose other than to provide sexual pleasure for men. Some of the more extreme incels even talk about their fantasies of how they would like to rape, torture or enslave women.
Their whiny, self pitying attitude, plus their sense of entitlement, laziness and refusal to take any steps which could improve their situation.
Oh yes the ‘Chads’.:bird: it’s kinda fascinating how self loathing they are and how it’s seen as ok to put others down and criticise each other’s looks. I want to help them but at the same time it’s a bit too much.
Trotsky's Iceaxe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
in real life? no.

On TSR. There are plenty. Always complaining about how unfair it is that women are selective in who they date.
Olivia.Omo16
Rep:
?
I mean how do you talk to them in real life and what to say to not piss them off. If you meet on in real life that is.
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Met many.

Not sure what you mean by "how did you deal with it?" There wasn't really anything to do.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've met two incels irl and dozens online.
From an analytical point of view the incel movement and culture is fascinating.
But there are so many toxic incels out there who are brimming with hate and willing to resort to criminal conduct.

Best advice for women is to keep their distance from incels, avoid interacting online with them and always use the block feature immediately on receiving abusive or threatening messages.
My best friend has to travel accompanied by two guard dogs and closed down her social media accounts- after enduring over two weeks of harassment, being bombarded by filthy abuse and rape threats by toxic incels.

Not all incels are aggressive, some are immature complainers who are lonely and immersed in self pity.
There is a spectrum of incel behaviour ranging from: the self pitying habitual whiners with a long list of complaints, jerks with an attitude problem dipping their toes into conspiracy theories, rape gloaters, vicious abusive rhetoric/antisocial remarks against the rest of the world and hate fueled criminal behaviour targeted at women.
The term incel was coined by a woman known as Alana who wanted to setup a community for lonely, eccentric involuntary celibate people like her.
But almost every online incel group now excludes women and categorically states that that only men are true incels.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I mean how do you talk to them in real life and what to say to not piss them off. If you meet on in real life that is.
Yes, I know them in real life, and no I don't treat them any differently than anyone else.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I told him all the problems with the intel community and offered to help him get out of it. Those sort of communities often encourage members to cut themselves off from the outside world, so I just tried to be nice and offer him help to get out. In return, he was extremely condescending and rude, and told me that he was superior and that I had been brainwashed by society
PetitePanda
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
the one I knew in real life was like that: he was ******** on his good characteristics, which I understood, but because he thought appearance all matters to the point he thought nobody would like him unless he was paying them or was in an abusive relationship with them - he genuinely considered this. Thus, this pissed me off as I was in an abusive relationship mentally and him going on about it like it was a choice he wanted to do and like it was nothing triggered me because it gave me trauma still to this day and he would still continue to talk about him even though I told him to change the subject. Moreover, he didn't think to about his actions or words to me and my friend as he would take the piss out of me just because of my past relationships. Because I was sexually open, he would always make me seem like a whore when i rarely talk about my sexual experiences because there were a range of ages in the discord call so it would make people uncomfortable yet he kept saying it like that was my only conversation; the only times I've talked about it was when he asked his constant uncomfortable questions about it, which my friend told him it wasn't okay to do but he still did so. He would suddenly ask me what anal was like, even though I told him I never did so - this was a mild question compared to the others btw; he sometimes ask me if he could pay me to kill him like pay for a ticket to his home and give me money to kill him because he was sick of his life (of being an incel), which I repeatedly told him I wouldn't do so and he just got disappointed in me and was rude to me when I said no clearly. He also would say I love you to my friend, who btw had a large age gap between them as she was 16, and when my friend told him to not say it as it was uncomfortable, he replied like he didn't say so even tho there was a message before and acted immature - btw he made it clear he absolutely loved her shoulders, which also made her uncomfortable. He rarely went to the gym even though he took the piss out of me and my friends who went and when we told him to go when he asked if he should go he was like nahhhhh and then later complained how fat he is. I honestly hate people who complain/whine about the things they want/desire without putting any effort in or **** on people's effort.
(Original post by Alesha1991)
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It is sad. Many incels are perfectly good guys but just shy and unable to get laid.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
It is sad. Many incels are perfectly good guys but just shy and unable to get laid.
I think I have to disagree with u. Incels aren’t incels because they’re shy, but because they got trapped in a toxic community at a young age. Maybe some of them are good guys, but honestly, The whole community is just toxic and brings out the worst in people.
Trotsky's Iceaxe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
That is what Elliot Rodger though of himself before embarking on his shooting spree.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe)
That is what Elliot Rodger though of himself before embarking on his shooting spree.
I disagree. Elliot was crazy and one who blamed women for his issues.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (133)
18.71%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (72)
10.13%
No I am happy with my course choice (405)
56.96%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (101)
14.21%

Watched Threads