Incels. Watch

Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
We aren’t. I have only ever ever encountered bad incels. If u can name a good incel then go for it, but I’ve never encountered a good one
Even if I name a good one, you wont know them.
Trotsky's Iceaxe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
It's the reverse, they have been romantically unsuccessful so they became nasty, bitter and hostile to women.
And that is precisely where they are going wrong. Blaming the opposite gender for their personal failures will only turn their future singledom into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Most people are romantically unsuccessful at some point, but most of us don't drift into such a toxic way of thinking that will guarantee we remain single.
FakeNewsEditor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe)
And that is precisely where they are going wrong. Blaming the opposite gender for their personal failures will only turn their future singledom into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Most people are romantically unsuccessful at some point, but most of us don't drift into such a toxic way of thinking that will guarantee we remain single.
The ones I know are pretty disgusting people overall. I dunno how one can take rejection that badly and tbh, they were just *****y characters to begin with. I just don't really appreciate claiming that sexually successful men are all respectful of women and whatnot. It's major BS.
Elektra06
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I just ignore them unless I want a laugh haha

They're pretty stuck in their ways so there's no point in talking to them they don't see sense.

All they do is talk about Chad stealing all the girks because they can't get them, there's no such thing as involuntary celibate just voluntary, theor looks aren't preventing them getting someone, their ugly personality is you should just read some of the things they say, nobody wants to hang out with that lol
IsraelStealTech
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Give them benefits and welfare so that they can live out the isolation that makes the rest of you feel safer. The trouble is though everything is a 'team' now and these people are forced to work with people that dont like them. So a lot of incels are basically non stop poked, prodded and provoked by the behaviour of a lot of women in public, online and so on.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Elektra06)
I just ignore them unless I want a laugh haha

They're pretty stuck in their ways so there's no point in talking to them they don't see sense.

All they do is talk about Chad stealing all the girks because they can't get them, there's no such thing as involuntary celibate just voluntary, theor looks aren't preventing them getting someone, their ugly personality is you should just read some of the things they say, nobody wants to hang out with that lol
But highly attractive men and women with "ugly personalities" are incredibly successful when it comes to sexual relationships.

Physically ugly men and women could have brilliant personalities and still wouldn't be very successful. After all, physical appearance is primarily what men and women care about when it comes to having sex with someone.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
But highly attractive men and women with "ugly personalities" are incredibly successful when it comes to sexual relationships.

Physically ugly men and women could have brilliant personalities and still wouldn't be very successful. After all, physical appearance is primarily what men and women care about when it comes to having sex with someone.
I agree with this comment. There are some people on here who have written nonsense on something they don't really know about.

They assume that incels are all the same with horrible women-bashing personalities. That once they get better personalities, their situation.
Elektra06
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sounds like a lot of idiots on here 😂

personality matters more to me I know shocking! But I'm lying obviously

All I'm saying is that being what they seem "unattractive" doesn't prevent them from dating, their attitude towards it does, they think they can't date or have sex with a girl because they're too ugly. Oh poor me I'll be all alone, women are stupid sluts and should die, I don't know why they don't like me.

Incels and "nice guys" Are ridiculous And deluded. Fact
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Move sloooooowly away from the incel, PetitePanda. You don't need this hassle. He sounds dangerous.
(Original post by PetitePanda)
the one I knew in real life was like that: he was ******** on his good characteristics, which I understood, but because he thought appearance all matters to the point he thought nobody would like him unless he was paying them or was in an abusive relationship with them - he genuinely considered this. Thus, this pissed me off as I was in an abusive relationship mentally and him going on about it like it was a choice he wanted to do and like it was nothing triggered me because it gave me trauma still to this day and he would still continue to talk about him even though I told him to change the subject. Moreover, he didn't think to about his actions or words to me and my friend as he would take the piss out of me just because of my past relationships. Because I was sexually open, he would always make me seem like a whore when i rarely talk about my sexual experiences because there were a range of ages in the discord call so it would make people uncomfortable yet he kept saying it like that was my only conversation; the only times I've talked about it was when he asked his constant uncomfortable questions about it, which my friend told him it wasn't okay to do but he still did so. He would suddenly ask me what anal was like, even though I told him I never did so - this was a mild question compared to the others btw; he sometimes ask me if he could pay me to kill him like pay for a ticket to his home and give me money to kill him because he was sick of his life (of being an incel), which I repeatedly told him I wouldn't do so and he just got disappointed in me and was rude to me when I said no clearly. He also would say I love you to my friend, who btw had a large age gap between them as she was 16, and when my friend told him to not say it as it was uncomfortable, he replied like he didn't say so even tho there was a message before and acted immature - btw he made it clear he absolutely loved her shoulders, which also made her uncomfortable. He rarely went to the gym even though he took the piss out of me and my friends who went and when we told him to go when he asked if he should go he was like nahhhhh and then later complained how fat he is. I honestly hate people who complain/whine about the things they want/desire without putting any effort in or **** on people's effort.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
But then they get nasty. That's when it becomes unacceptable. Usually they end up saying they hate women. And the thread just keeps going round and round in circles, without any positive action being taken. The thread closes, then they start up another one.
(Original post by Wired_1800)
It is sad. Many incels are perfectly good guys but just shy and unable to get laid.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i find it's the opposite, actually.
It is because it is easier for women to have sex. Most can pick a random lad from the street, but men have to work hard for it.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I had never heard of incels until I joined TSR. Also I don't think I know one in real life.
Fair enough.

I suppose I was just using the term in its literal sense.

I was also using "incel" in this thread to mean "someone who can't get laid". I thought that's what it meant - involuntarily celibate.

To be perfectly honest though, the vast majority of people in the real world won't have a clue what an "incel" is. It's kind of a weird internet term that the average person won't have heard of.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Women seeking dominance in relationships? I don't know women who do that. A healthy relationship is based on equality, surely? On the other hand, I have direct experience of men who seek dominance in relationships.
I agree with your points.

I did not know there was something called voluntary celibacy. It is interesting to see there is a group with such strong will. Our generation are so OTT about sex that many people who don't engage in sex are generally labelled as unwanted. Hence why many young people appear to suffer from many mental health issues because those who they look to for social validation have rejected them.

I think the ‘volcels’ may be in the minority, as they probably do so because of strict religious or social needs, such as your friend. I do respect women who refuse to bend to pressure to engage in sexual relations, in order to meet the validation of their friends. I don't have issues with people who have sex as adults, as long as they are truly comfortable with that lifestyle and not using it to fill a gaping hole in their lives or trying to meet validations.

I think toxic incels are people who are sexually frustrated. This applies to men and women, but I understand men are more vocal about their “situation” than women. I still believe that obtaining sex is easier for an average woman than an average man.

I agree that TSR appears to be filled with many frustrated youth. I think it is the generational angst and the need to be validated. Apparently, I was told than many women regret their first time and would have waited until the “right” time. Young people are desperate to be accepted into social circles that they are vulnerable to the harsh demands dictated in today’s society.

Finally, i don't agree with your last paragraph. I think some women seek dominance in their relationships. Not in the same as men, but they do want to dictate social relationships. It is the reason why men are emasculated for having healthy relationships with their mothers, sisters or any other female that is not their girlfriends or wives.

Finally, I think involuntary celibacy is a very sad concept. The idea that someone wishes to have intimacy but unable to do so, is indeed an unfortunate tale.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
PRSOM
I have sympathy for people who can’t date. But if u choose to align yourself with incels, if u chose to call urself an incel, then I lose that sympathy. Because those groups are rife with hatred for women.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
But then they get nasty. That's when it becomes unacceptable. Usually they end up saying they hate women. And the thread just keeps going round and round in circles, without any positive action being taken. The thread closes, then they start up another one.
I understand and agree that some of these people can be crazy. However, some people on this thread are painting all of them with the same brush. They are refusing to appreciate or accept that the issues faced by incels are down to having a “toxic” personality.

i find it's the opposite, actually.
Really? I think women have more power in relationships. They dictate who they engage with and are the ones, in my opinion, calling the shots.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You are correct.
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
The ones I know are pretty disgusting people overall. I dunno how one can take rejection that badly and tbh, they were just *****y characters to begin with. I just don't really appreciate claiming that sexually successful men are all respectful of women and whatnot. It's major BS.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Women seeking dominance in relationships? I don't know women who do that. A healthy relationship is based on equality, surely? On the other hand, I have direct experience of men who seek dominance in relationships.
I know some women who do such. They want to decide what their other halves do. No female friends, no dinners with female colleagues, be at the call of their partners, have limited friendships outside a prescribed list. I know one who made her partner end his friendship with one of his oldest friends because, in her opinion, they were too close. However, she refused to end her own friendship with a male friend because her partner was reading too much into it.

As I wrote previously, these are extreme cases on both sides. So if we are to believe that toxic incels are mainstream, we should probably think of other cases as well. Besides, there are female incels who struggle to secure intimate relationships.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No. I am very used to consoling really nice women (friends), who have been treated like dirt by their partners. My male friends don't seem to have this problem.
I understand and agree that some of these people can be crazy. However, some people on this thread are painting all of them with the same brush. They are refusing to appreciate or accept that the issues faced by incels are down to having a “toxic” personality.

Really? I think women have more power in relationships. They dictate who they engage with and are the ones, in my opinion, calling the shots.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
These women do not deserve to have partners.

I have never made these types of demands on men. Again, I have no experience of women who are like this.
I know some women who do such. They want to decide what their other halves do. No female friends, no dinners with female colleagues, be at the call of their partners, have limited friendships outside a prescribed list. I know one who made her partner end his friendship with one of his oldest friends because, in her opinion, they were too close. However, she refused to end her own friendship with a male friend because her partner was reading too much into it.

As I wrote previously, these are extreme cases on both sides. So if we are to believe that toxic incels are mainstream, we should probably think of other cases as well. Besides, there are female incels who struggle to secure intimate relationships.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Elektra06)
Sounds like a lot of idiots on here 😂

personality matters more to me I know shocking! But I'm lying obviously

All I'm saying is that being what they seem "unattractive" doesn't prevent them from dating, their attitude towards it does, they think they can't date or have sex with a girl because they're too ugly. Oh poor me I'll be all alone, women are stupid sluts and should die, I don't know why they don't like me.

Incels and "nice guys" Are ridiculous And deluded. Fact
So let's say there's a woman with facial burns. As a result, she struggles to find a romantic partner. According to you, this wouldn't be related to her appearance, and to get more success, she'd just need to "improve her personality"?

I would suggest you are incorrect.

And besides, plenty of men who are really successful sexually refer to women as "sluts" etc, and it doesn't seem to do them much harm. But then if an ugly and sexually unsuccessful man does it, it suddenly becomes "the reason why he is unsuccessful". I don't think that makes much logical sense. (And of course, it goes without saying, I'm not condoning referring to women as "sluts"!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads