04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
#1
Hello all fine people who're receiving their international baccalaureate results! :awesome:

First of all, massive well done to everyone who is happy with their grades, you smashed it.

To those who haven't got the results they wanted, and are trying to reach university, here are some important links to information that might be able to help you:


I just wanted to also ask if anyone has been in touch with universities so far?

What some institutions choose to do, is delay making a confirmation decision on IB applications until A Level results day all the way in August. Which means that candidates who narrowly missed their offers are left waiting for weeks.
Have you been put into this situation at all?

Share your experiences below.
1
reply
NK1975
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
#2
Report 1 year ago
#2
Hi,
My daughter is still waiting for her offer to be confirmed after missing the conditions for Medicine by 1 point.
All she’s been repeatedly told is that a decision will be made soon but given no time scale at all.
This puts her in a difficult position because if she is rejected she will need to re-sit the subject she dropped a point in to try again next year and the deadline for entering a re-take is July 29th.
If she has to wait till a-levels results she could either miss the opportunity to re-take in November or has to pay to register the Re-take anyway just in case although she might not need it.
Trying to find another IB school if coming from abroad where she can enter for Re-takes is also difficult on this tight timeline. I don’t know if unis even consider all these factors.
0
reply
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
#3
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
#3
(Original post by NK1975)
Hi,
My daughter is still waiting for her offer to be confirmed after missing the conditions for Medicine by 1 point.
All she’s been repeatedly told is that a decision will be made soon but given no time scale at all.
This puts her in a difficult position because if she is rejected she will need to re-sit the subject she dropped a point in to try again next year and the deadline for entering a re-take is July 29th.
If she has to wait till a-levels results she could either miss the opportunity to re-take in November or has to pay to register the Re-take anyway just in case although she might not need it.
Trying to find another IB school if coming from abroad where she can enter for Re-takes is also difficult on this tight timeline. I don’t know if unis even consider all these factors.
I'm really sorry to hear this.

Which Med schools it it?

It might just be worth asking them bluntly whether they'll have a decision by 29th or if they're waiting for A Level results.
0
reply
med619
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
#4
Report 1 year ago
#4
I am in the exact same position, doing medicine and needing just one point. Both my firm and insurance have told me to 'sit tight' until A-Level results day, giving me the same dilemma about retaking subjects.
0
reply
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
#5
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
#5
(Original post by med619)
I am in the exact same position, doing medicine and needing just one point. Both my firm and insurance have told me to 'sit tight' until A-Level results day, giving me the same dilemma about retaking subjects.
Really sorry to hear this.

Would you mind sharing which med schools these are?
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (254)
39.69%
Take autumn exams (192)
30%
Look for a job (21)
3.28%
Consider an apprenticeship (25)
3.91%
Take a year out (110)
17.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (38)
5.94%

Watched Threads

View All