IB: Are universities delaying your confirmation? Watch

04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello all fine people who're receiving their international baccalaureate results! :awesome:

First of all, massive well done to everyone who is happy with their grades, you smashed it.

To those who haven't got the results they wanted, and are trying to reach university, here are some important links to information that might be able to help you:

I just wanted to also ask if anyone has been in touch with universities so far?

What some institutions choose to do, is delay making a confirmation decision on IB applications until A Level results day all the way in August. Which means that candidates who narrowly missed their offers are left waiting for weeks.
Have you been put into this situation at all?

Share your experiences below.
NK1975
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hi,
My daughter is still waiting for her offer to be confirmed after missing the conditions for Medicine by 1 point.
All she’s been repeatedly told is that a decision will be made soon but given no time scale at all.
This puts her in a difficult position because if she is rejected she will need to re-sit the subject she dropped a point in to try again next year and the deadline for entering a re-take is July 29th.
If she has to wait till a-levels results she could either miss the opportunity to re-take in November or has to pay to register the Re-take anyway just in case although she might not need it.
Trying to find another IB school if coming from abroad where she can enter for Re-takes is also difficult on this tight timeline. I don’t know if unis even consider all these factors.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by NK1975)
Hi,
My daughter is still waiting for her offer to be confirmed after missing the conditions for Medicine by 1 point.
All she’s been repeatedly told is that a decision will be made soon but given no time scale at all.
This puts her in a difficult position because if she is rejected she will need to re-sit the subject she dropped a point in to try again next year and the deadline for entering a re-take is July 29th.
If she has to wait till a-levels results she could either miss the opportunity to re-take in November or has to pay to register the Re-take anyway just in case although she might not need it.
Trying to find another IB school if coming from abroad where she can enter for Re-takes is also difficult on this tight timeline. I don’t know if unis even consider all these factors.
I'm really sorry to hear this.

Which Med schools it it?

It might just be worth asking them bluntly whether they'll have a decision by 29th or if they're waiting for A Level results.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
med619
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 hours ago
I am in the exact same position, doing medicine and needing just one point. Both my firm and insurance have told me to 'sit tight' until A-Level results day, giving me the same dilemma about retaking subjects.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 hours ago
(Original post by med619)
I am in the exact same position, doing medicine and needing just one point. Both my firm and insurance have told me to 'sit tight' until A-Level results day, giving me the same dilemma about retaking subjects.
Really sorry to hear this.

Would you mind sharing which med schools these are?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby