Caoimhelouise2
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey everyone, I’ve never been on this site before and I’m sorry if I’m writing this post in the wrong place; but I was just looking to talk to people who have just done there gcses with the exam board ccea. I’m waiting for my results in August like many of you. I’m so nervous. I want to stay on at my school to do sixth form but I don’t know if I will get the grades or not because I’ve been off school quite a lot due to being sick. What do you want to do for a level? I want to do double award health and social care and either English literature or religion. I’m just hoping I get the grades I need, would love to chat with some of you☺️
sadforsadboys
Badges: 18
Report 2 years ago
Hi there! :hello: I'm a year older than you (and waiting for AS Results this August! :eek3:) so I know how you feel! I missed about 40% of fifth year because I was ill but I still got back into school - so don't worry! You have a legitimate reason to your attendance.
Caoimhelouise2
Rep:
?
Hey, I’m just worried because my attendance is 55% and I’ve been off because of my mental health 😕 I just am so scared.
chlo_bel
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey! I am glad I am not the only one that sat CCEA exams.

I found most of them tough, tougher than the mocks. Depending on results, I would like to go back to my school's sixth form but I am not sure if I will do well enough.

I would like to study A-Levels in History, Biology and English Lit.
Caoimhelouise2
Rep:
?
Hey chlo_bel, I didn’t find the exams that tough, I dropped down from double award science to single and I do foundation tier. I also did foundation maths. I found English lit really good and religion. I do think the English language paper was good but I was really sick that day ( physically ) and couldn’t really write much. I’m disappointed because I was predicted an A but I think overall I will just get a B because that exam has definitely lowered my English Lang grade. I failed most of my mocks and only passed with c’s and c*s, with those grades my school wouldn’t let me back in. I’m just hoping I do well enough to get into
The courses I want. I haven’t applied for tech or anything outside of school, so I’m literally leaving it all based on these results to get me back to school. Do you know what time the grade boundaries come out at for ccea?

Thanks
chlo_bel
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Caoimhelouise2)
Hey chlo_bel, I didn’t find the exams that tough, I dropped down from double award science to single and I do foundation tier. I also did foundation maths. I found English lit really good and religion. I do think the English language paper was good but I was really sick that day ( physically ) and couldn’t really write much. I’m disappointed because I was predicted an A but I think overall I will just get a B because that exam has definitely lowered my English Lang grade. I failed most of my mocks and only passed with c’s and c*s, with those grades my school wouldn’t let me back in. I’m just hoping I do well enough to get into
The courses I want. I haven’t applied for tech or anything outside of school, so I’m literally leaving it all based on these results to get me back to school. Do you know what time the grade boundaries come out at for ccea?

Thanks
English lit was easy enough but I found RS more difficult than the past papers. I did Mark + Christian Ethics. I only did foundation for Chemistry which I am useless at. I don’t know when the grade boundaries are released but I am hoping they are lower than previous years. What grades do you need for sixth form?
Caoimhelouise2
Rep:
?
I think I did the same rs as you. Was one unit all about stories of Jesus and the other unit about things like abortion and euthanasia?
I need 5 gcses a to c ( including English and maths ) and at least a B in the subjects u want to do for a level.
chlo_bel
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Caoimhelouise2)
I think I did the same rs as you. Was one unit all about stories of Jesus and the other unit about things like abortion and euthanasia?
I need 5 gcses a to c ( including English and maths ) and at least a B in the subjects u want to do for a level.
Yeah, those were the papers. I ran out of time in each.

5 passes A-C sounds very doable. I need 15 points which might be a bit of a stretch
Caoimhelouise2
Rep:
?
How many points do u get per grade? When we get our passes it is put into pathways so for example pathway 1 is 3-4 a levels, pathway 2 is a combination of vocational and general a levels and pathway 3 is vocational and one agreed a level.
I’d prefer to get into pathway 2 because I know I won’t get into 1, pathway 3 isn’t that good.
chlo_bel
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't know how many points are needed for vocational courses in my school but 15 are needed to study 3 A-Levels. A=3/B=2/C*=1.5/C=1
Caoimhelouise2
Rep:
?
Omg that would be really hard to get! If It was me I definitely wouldn’t get in lol hope you do tho, good luck!
chlo_bel
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks! Good luck to you, too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.32%
Uncertainty around my education (65)
11.52%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.7%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.3%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (32)
5.67%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (28)
4.96%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (60)
10.64%
Financial worries (35)
6.21%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (22)
3.9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.03%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.66%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (56)
9.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (46)
8.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise