The Student Room Group

Good alternative to blue tac?

I’m going into my 3rd year and just got the keys to our new house. The landlord is a lot more intolerant to marks on the walls compared to my last house.

I know blue tac AND white tac leave oil marks, and tape can rip the paint away. Can anyone recommend anything that has actually worked for them?
well it depends if its just a piece of paper your holding up, get a piece of tape and wrap it around itself so its sticky on both sides, Proceed by sticking it on wall and paper over.

NB...If you use a really sticky tape it might leave marks on your walls so definitely watch out for that.
Depends on what you're needing to pin up but I used command hooks for my whiteboards and a photo in a frame. They lasted all year (except one whiteboard did fall about a week before I moved out) and they left no marks when I took them off.
Original post by Het_98
I’m going into my 3rd year and just got the keys to our new house. The landlord is a lot more intolerant to marks on the walls compared to my last house.

I know blue tac AND white tac leave oil marks, and tape can rip the paint away. Can anyone recommend anything that has actually worked for them?

I've seen quite a few people using command strips (as these can hold different weights depending on the size/strength), but aren't 100% reliable at not damaging paintwork if not removed correctly.
Original post by Het_98

Hey, like PhoenixFortune said command strips are your best bet! Do you not have a pin board or whiteboard you can stick things to? Also, depending on the material you could stick things to your wardrobe etc maybe?
Hope you can sort something out :smile: Jess

Quick Reply

Latest