Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Perhaps I knew the rain falls,
And you knew the sea rises.

Maybe, we both knew they encounter.

But if you're the sky and I'm the ground,
How can we constantly watch each other,
Simply hoping we'll somehow meet again at the horizon?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Caoimhelouise2
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I love this!
LostLioness
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How can the rain fall?
She sits manacled to her heavenly throne!
it is merely her reflection which touches the ground -
an illusion for the dry tongue
of the mortal.
Caoimhelouise2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I honestly don’t know if this is a piece you have created yourself or if it’s famous. But ever since I’ve done gcse English lit I’m a sucker for poetry and quotes! I love the way it makes you feel
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheLostLion)
How can the rain fall?
She sits manacled to her heavenly throne!
it is merely her reflection which touches the ground -
an illusion for the dry tongue
of the mortal.
It's like you're answering my poem with another poem😂 That was amazing btw👌
LostLioness
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Oh my gosh, same! Who is your favourite poet? I love Victorian literature, especially the Gothic stuff produced.
(Original post by Caoimhelouise2)
I honestly don’t know if this is a piece you have created yourself or if it’s famous. But ever since I’ve done gcse English lit I’m a sucker for poetry and quotes! I love the way it makes you feel
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
I wrote it a few years ago, just found it in my notebook lol. Same, I love poetry. I write a lot of poems nowadays.
Caoimhelouise2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m a sucker for Shakespeare, I loved Macbeth. When we did poetry in class I loved “docker” by Seamus Heaney, “Belfast confetti” by ciaran Carson. There was so many more. I really want to buy a book with Victorian Or Edwardian English or as most teenagers say “old English” have u any suggestions?
LostLioness
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by shameful_burrito)
It's like you're answering my poem with another poem😂 That was amazing btw👌
You are so polite - surprisingly so. However, I will be the first one to say it was trash.
Since I am bored out of my mind and cannot go to sleep; shall we have a chat about writing poetry? Do you ever feel like you are a 'fake'? Whenever I write anything I feel like I am just putting words together in a pretentious effort to sound worldly. lol
Caoimhelouise2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m the same! I really wanna start writing poetry, so I’m going to do it soon! I always write about feelings or thoughts coming from a different angle of that makes sense.
LostLioness
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If this was directed at me, YES. OMG have you tapped into Oscar Wilde yet? Or any other aesthete writer?
Currently I am reading 'of Human bondage' by William Somerset Maugham. It is such a good book, not an "old English" book but I defo recommend it.
As for Victorian literature, look into:
Robert L. Stevenson. Recommend his 'Jekyll and Hyde'
Mary Shelley

Not English, but I think you might also enjoy Edgar Alan Poe - American.
I’m a sucker for Shakespeare, I loved Macbeth. When we did poetry in class I loved “docker” by Seamus Heaney, “Belfast confetti” by ciaran Carson. There was so many more. I really want to buy a book with Victorian Or Edwardian English or as most teenagers say “old English” have u any suggestions?
Caoimhelouise2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Omg thanks so much! I will definitely look into them! I’m pretty sure my school do “Jekyll and Hyde” for a level so it would be good to get a head start
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheLostLion)
You are so polite - surprisingly so. However, I will be the first one to say it was trash.
Since I am bored out of my mind and cannot go to sleep; shall we have a chat about writing poetry? Do you ever feel like you are a 'fake'? Whenever I write anything I feel like I am just putting words together in a pretentious effort to sound worldly. lol
Honestly really enjoyed reading that

And yeah, of course. Tbh I've never actually talked about poetry with anyone else before haha. Can't say I have felt 'fake'. I can only write things that I feel from within, every single word has a meaning for me, it's an amalgamation of emotions I try to convey through them. The downside to this is that I cannot write poetry on demand. I must be in a certain mood, often times it has to depressive, melancholic or heartbroken. But when it hits me, I can't stop. I could never write happy poems, for I cannot write what I cannot feel.
LostLioness
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Omg thanks so much! I will definitely look into them! I’m pretty sure my school do “Jekyll and Hyde” for a level so it would be good to get a head start
You are doing English Lit for A-level? Awww, I am so excited for you!
I would say check the spec because different exam boards do different topics. I did American literature (God, have I fallen in love with Steinbeck), pre-1900 drama. Good luck and good night!
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
I’m a sucker for Shakespeare, I loved Macbeth.
You should read Shakespeare's Sonnets if you haven't already.. And if you liked Macbeth, you could read Hamlet too
Caoimhelouise2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m the same! I’m so glad I’ve found some people who understand me. Normally what I write is depressive too.
Actually in my mock exam for English language, we got the title “write about a time you will never forget” i just wrote from the heart. I got called out and stuff because my teacher wasn’t allowed to mark it because she didn’t want to put a grade on my emotions, so I had to end up writing something happy with I wrote about my baby sister.
Caoimhelouise2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ll definitely give them a try! I loved Steinbeck too. I did “of mice and men” for one of my gcse units and it was definitely my favourite! I still remember it! I did “an inspector calls” this year, it was easy enough but it just wasn’t as good as Steinbeck.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Very nice burrito
LostLioness
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Honestly really enjoyed reading that

And yeah, of course. Tbh I've never actually talked about poetry with anyone else before haha. Can't say I have felt 'fake'. I can only write things that I feel from within, every single word has a meaning for me, it's an amalgamation of emotions I try to convey through them. The downside to this is that I cannot write poetry on demand. I must be in a certain mood, often times it has to depressive, melancholic or heartbroken. But when it hits me, I can't stop. I could never write happy poems, for I cannot write what I cannot feel.
I read the text in bold with a feeling that was sadness but trespassed into bitter-sweetness. I personally dislike 'happy' poetry because language is inherently akin to a balm and what healthy being needs healing? I doubt literature is ever truly happy unless you consider 'Winnie The Pooh' to be serious literature. :rofl:
It must be so nice to know that what you write isn't fake. I suppose because my focus - when I write - is more on words and their beauty rather than what I sincerely feel, I can immediately see that what I write is just that and nothing more. Interesting chat. Well, do keep writing! And posting it. Also, sorry for spamming your thread. Night.
LostLioness
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What did you think of Hamlet in 'Hamlet'? Do you think he was a noble prince or a destructive force in the play?
You should read Shakespeare's Sonnets if you haven't already.. And if you liked Macbeth, you could read Hamlet too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.59%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.63%
No I am happy with my course choice (523)
59.36%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed