The Student Room Group

Economics, Physics or Psychology (A-Level) for Comp Sci Degree

Recently applied for my college of choice and have chosen Maths, Further Maths and Comp Sci as my first 3 A-levels however for my 4th one I don't have a clue which to choose. Although I've heard that physics is really good for Comp Sci at degree, I've never been too thrilled and my maths knowledge kinds carried me through the GCSEs. However, I've found a more recent interest into both economics and psychology but feel they may be a worse choice for my degree of choice.
Any advice is appreciated.
Cheers
Psychology or economics would be fine as a fourth A level. You won’t harm your chances of an offer/place by picking one of them over physics.
Reply 2
Cheers man I'm thinking economics overall as hopefully my maths subjects should all tie in together :smile:
Original post by PQ
Psychology or economics would be fine as a fourth A level. You won’t harm your chances of an offer/place by picking one of them over physics.
Original post by IonisedCell
Recently applied for my college of choice and have chosen Maths, Further Maths and Comp Sci as my first 3 A-levels however for my 4th one I don't have a clue which to choose. Although I've heard that physics is really good for Comp Sci at degree, I've never been too thrilled and my maths knowledge kinds carried me through the GCSEs. However, I've found a more recent interest into both economics and psychology but feel they may be a worse choice for my degree of choice.
Any advice is appreciated.
Cheers

yeah avoid psychology.

i recommend you swap comp sci for physics... unis quite often actually prefer you NOT to have taken comp sci before as they like to teach it to you fresh.

economics is a lovely A level.

avoid psych like the plague.

Quick Reply