Maths Watch

romancarrot
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm in year 10, I got ungraded for my end of year exam, and I am worried I won't pass my GCSEs, when I attempt to revise I tend to procrastinate. I seriously need help!
fish finger fan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by romancarrot)
I'm in year 10, I got ungraded for my end of year exam, and I am worried I won't pass my GCSEs, when I attempt to revise I tend to procrastinate. I seriously need help!
If you are being distracted by your phone, then turn it of and leave it in a different room. When revising, make sure to take breaks. I'm in year 11, and have just survived this, I thought to myself "you may not want to revise, but if you want to pass you have got to". Just think, a couple of months pain, for years of gain. Maybe try a different revision method, if your current one is too dull. Hopefully this has been helpful, good luck.
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
you need to force yourself to sit down at a desk and remind yourself of what could happen potentially if you don't revise or aren't focused during these study sessions. take the opportunity to start building a good work ethic now. vary your revision methods so you don't get bored and ensure you're doing plenty of active recall, not just passively reading a textbook etc.
math past papers, practice papers and topic papers i found the best way to revise- you're spoilt for choice with the amount of resources online for free so make the most of them.
yoxox
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm going to start creating an instagram page for GCSE maths, will that be useful?
romancarrot
Rep:
?
Last edited by romancarrot; 2 weeks ago
romancarrot
Rep:
?
(Original post by fish finger fan)
If you are being distracted by your phone, then turn it of and leave it in a different room. When revising, make sure to take breaks. I'm in year 11, and have just survived this, I thought to myself "you may not want to revise, but if you want to pass you have got to". Just think, a couple of months pain, for years of gain. Maybe try a different revision method, if your current one is too dull. Hopefully this has been helpful, good luck.
thanks a lot, yeah I try to endure the pain even though its extremely hard
romancarrot
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
you need to force yourself to sit down at a desk and remind yourself of what could happen potentially if you don't revise or aren't focused during these study sessions. take the opportunity to start building a good work ethic now. vary your revision methods so you don't get bored and ensure you're doing plenty of active recall, not just passively reading a textbook etc.
math past papers, practice papers and topic papers i found the best way to revise- you're spoilt for choice with the amount of resources online for free so make the most of them.
Yeah you're right, thanks a lot
romancarrot
Rep:
?
Definitely, that would be useful for so many students in my place
(Original post by yoxox)
I'm going to start creating an instagram page for GCSE maths, will that be useful?
fish finger fan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
thanks a lot, yeah I try to endure the pain even though its extremely hard
If it helps, maybe try listening to music while revising. I found it useful, but it differs from person to person. Good luck.
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah you're right, thanks a lot
no worries, and best of luck w/ the revision
Claydo66
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I tried to think that I’m doing it cause I want to, not because I had to. I loved science but hated maths but I needed maths for physics A level so had to do well. I never paid attention in maths and would often fail, my teacher told me to go into the lower set but I always thought myself as smart so ignored him and proved him wrong. I started working hard and teaching myself everything (his methods didn’t really help me) and I found myself enjoying it. I was interested and fascinated by a lot of it (it sounds kinda nerdy) but when I would finally get it, I felt like a genius. I am predicted a grade 8 now (fingers crossed for results day)
Maybe it’s because I already loved physics and the principles of it, but I found myself doing it as sort of a pass time. The only downside was I left it late (like two months before the exam) so it was a little bit stressful. I proved the teacher wrong though and because his lack of belief in me motivated me (as I’m arrogant and stubborn) I improved and for that I thank him.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
romancarrot
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thanks for this useful story, really will take on board that you got grade 8 while I'm here sitting on my ass on a grade U.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

What are your favourite crisps?