The Student Room Group

university applications

when do you actually star applying for university?
before you get you results or after you get your results?
Well i applied late december (the last day of term), but as long as you do it before mid january itll be fine
was that after you wrote you wrote your exams or before

Original post by Levi23317
Well i applied late december (the last day of term), but as long as you do it before mid january itll be fine
Original post by Timy Chekera
was that after you wrote you wrote your exams or before

Well if you are going on about the AS exams yes, it was in year 13
well i am starting year 12 in september so when do you think i should start applying to universities?

Well if you are going on about the AS exams yes, it was in year 13
well i am starting year 12 in september so when do you think i should start applying to universities?

(provided you're applying through UCAS) you will be able to start your application some time in May/June 2020 but you won't be able to send the application off until early September. As long as you apply before the relevant deadline you can apply whenever. International universities will have their own application systems and deadlines.
(edited 4 years ago)
By that yu mean by mid january of the year you will be wrtting your A levels
By that yu mean by mid january of the year you will be wrtting your A levels

no, the deadline for applying (for equal consideration) through UCAS is the 15th January. You can apply after this date but it will be marked late and universities do not have to accept your application.

if you are international you might sit some A-level exams in january though. Though in the UK, all A-level exams are sat in June.

You apply to unis in Year 13, normally between September to December

You start applying in year 13, which your teachers should be helping you with when the time comes so dont worry about it
you are amazing thanx :u:
:smile::h:
You start applying in year 13, which your teachers should be helping you with when the time comes so dont worry about it
you are amazing thanx :u:
:smile::h:

No problem. If you are applying for oxbridge, the applications need to be done by sometime in october, along wit whatever test may need to be done for it, and any other application is generally completed in january(or before if you wana get it over with)

Quick Reply

Latest