tashajk31
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I am studying an access to Midwifery course through learndirect and have been asked to produce a journal article on intrapartum care. I have been Googling this for hours and still cant make sense of what one is or how to even begin writing one! Does anyone know what they are and how I should lay it out etc?
stabilo20619
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
A journal article is a short piece of writing focusing on one topic in a lot of detail, often with diagrams and scientific images. The articles are written by scientists/medical professionals and then submitted to the journal company for review of the information in the article. Then the article is published online and in a paper journal for the public/other scientists to read.

You should lay it out like the image attached.

1. Title at the top, big and bold.
2. Your name underneath
3. A summary of the article (250 words)
4. The main article text: introduction first, then the main information, then the conclusion
5. References at the end (harvard or vancouver style)

This is the link to the full article as an example
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...pdf/ddq160.pdf
Attached files
Last edited by stabilo20619; 2 years ago
Jackie 2019
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Stabilo20619

Thanks for your help l have been searching for the same help please? I have done the Harvard referencing when l did my access to nursing and l understand the format and l am in trouble as l can’t really understand how to use the journals! All was explained well at uni but how to do it seems to be very hectic!

I am in year one as a student midwife managed to follow the guidelines for the essay in which individual you choose any topic for midwifery and link with the journals you have to give introduction, literature review and the findings! I am bit lost as that’s my first time to write an assay using journals please?
Franxcaddy
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Thank you so much for this. Its helped me no end
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (36)
9.81%
Okay (107)
29.16%
A bit lacking (135)
36.78%
Not good at all (89)
24.25%

Watched Threads