guys do you believe in soulmates?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
like do u think they exist? have u found them already maybe?? do u expect to find them in the future?
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No.
N/A.
N/A.
FakeNewsEditor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends on what you mean by it. If it means essentially a person you are compatible with, that is, having a similar sense of humour, common interests, being sexually compatible, etc then yes I hope so otherwise I'd give up on dating altogether.

If it means some mystical, spiritual connection BS, we-were-meant-to-be-together, no, obvs.
Baruch Spinoza
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Focus on reasoning and how a person can bring knowledge up from inside of himself. In this view, the world exists solely in the minds of people and that ultimate truth relies on a consistency of ideas. The more perfect our ideas become, the better we can serve the world. The world exists, but our minds are separate from it. That is to say spirit and mind constitute reality and true reality is spiritual one.

Spirituality is, that humans could be improved from within, by correcting their thoughts and discovering knowledge already there since birth. All humans are already born with Innate knowledge or Inborn knowledge, we just have to focus on reasoning and find out what innate knowledge do we have. Since innate/inborn knowledge exists, this also proves that humans are born with some sort of essence which again we have to find out through reasoning and different practical experiences.

And since all humans have an essence, we also have pre-determined (determinism and free-will exist together) stuff.

Existence of mind, proves existence of spirituality.
Existence of spirituality proves existence of Inborn knowledge.
Existence of Inborn knowledge proves existence of essence.
Existences of essence proves, existences of many pre-determined stuff (events, illness, sustenance etc.)

So the answer is yes, humans do have a soulmate.
username4355882
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
lmao no.
Moose-er
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
like do u think they exist? have u found them already maybe?? do u expect to find them in the future?
Yes,Nope and Nope. I mean no 2 people are a perfect match but I imagine there are people who induce a pretty fit with each other
Liviy.Jonas18
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hell to the No! It came from this idea in Greek methodology that humans use to have 2 pairs of eyes, heads, legs etc and a Demi God got mad for some reason and strikes the earth with lightning and now we have 2 arms, legs, feet etc and we are now cursed and have to find the person that we were pared up with. Good for a Disney romantic story line but not for real life lol.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
yeah I totally believe in it. Everything happens for a reason, and everyone you meet has a purpose in your life. If people leave then its because it is inevitable and for a reason. And that special someone will come and you wont even realise how or when you fell for them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (58)
29.15%
No - I have already returned home (24)
12.06%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (45)
22.61%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (19)
9.55%
No - I live at home during term anyway (53)
26.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed