rigevidon Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
can I take 3 packs of rigevidon pill back to back and then have a break as a one off occasion as I am going on holiday and want to avoid my period
kpwxx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
TLDR: Yes you can, it's safe and it will still work, though you might get some side effects (but not necessarily, and perhaps not worse than what you have on a break anyway).

Recent advice says that combined pills are safe to take back to back with no break. You may experience some spotting or other 'side effects', though many people run 2 or more packs back to back without any issues. Taking more than two might increase the chances of this. It really depends on you, it will suit some people and others it won't. But there is no effect on the contraceptive's effectiveness, and no health benefit from the break. It's just if it doesn't agree with you, which you can't really know until you try it.

Bear in mind that the more packs you run together, the sooner you will run out, and this may mean attending pill check appointments slightly more often.

There's more info here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46952694
And here: https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-que...lay-my-period/

And you can always ask your nurse or doctor for more information, though because of the recent new advice they'll pretty much always say to give it a try and see how you get on.

NOTE: I'm not a medical professional!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (38)
15.77%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (17)
7.05%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (17)
7.05%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (26)
10.79%
Monster Munch (18)
7.47%
Pringles (64)
26.56%
Walkers Oven Baked Crisps (15)
6.22%
Walkers Beef and Onion (3)
1.24%
Thai Sweet Chili Sensations (43)
17.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise