What are people like at The University of Lincoln? Watch

The_Atomix
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I understand each year there are a new set of people, but what should I expect in terms of ethnicity? Seems like so far from what I've seen majority of it consists of white people. Is it actually quite mixed or do u agree with that? I am a Pakistani so will I fit in? I'm sure i will but its always comforting to know people with the same background with u r present there. just wondering. I absolutely do not mind being the only person who isn't white, that's fine by me cuz a persons race does not suggest their personality, but if I meet people like me I know they've probably lived a similar life to mine and I would feel more at home.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by The_Atomix)
I understand each year there are a new set of people, but what should I expect in terms of ethnicity? Seems like so far from what I've seen majority of it consists of white people. Is it actually quite mixed or do u agree with that? I am a Pakistani so will I fit in? I'm sure i will but its always comforting to know people with the same background with u r present there. just wondering. I absolutely do not mind being the only person who isn't white, that's fine by me cuz a persons race does not suggest their personality, but if I meet people like me I know they've probably lived a similar life to mine and I would feel more at home.
Have you been to an open day?

https://cpb-eu-w2.wpmucdn.com/blogs....-2013-2017.pdf
https://lincolnsu.com/activities/view/islamic
https://lincolnsu.com/activities/view/southasiansociety
The_Atomix
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have not been to an open day. but the links provided were very helpful. it seems as if I was correct. 80% - 90% of people are of a British background.

999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
I have not been to an open day. but the links provided were very helpful. it seems as if I was correct. 80% - 90% of people are of a British background.
Too tired to debate with you, go to an open day use the links provided or dont. Up to you.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
I applied to the University of Lincoln this year and declined the offer because of this issue. Only 4% of the whole school (which means from approx. 15 000 people) are international, mostly from overseas, Chinese or Indian people. They try to look helpful with international people, maybe they really are, but that diversity scared me as I'm "only" an EU student. So yes, what do you think that they're more like English people, it's true, but the university tries to help all kinds of international students.
ADAM.NEEMA
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
a bunch of posh chavs
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
AamirSonu
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If it makes you feel better, I am a muslim from Nepal. I am joining Lincoln this sept. Feel free to dm😀
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Guardian Offices, Kings Cross, London Postgraduate
    Mon, 2 Sep '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19
  • University of Lincoln