The Student Room Group

How to approach a girl when she's with parents?

So I'm a 16 year old guy on holiday staying in a hotel and there's this girl who I like. We haven't spoke yet, and only exchanged eye contact a few times so I want to get to know her. I've tried to look for her and approach her a few times when she's on her own, but she's always with her parents and brother. Do you think it's a good idea to approach her when she's with her parents? Because she's never on her own, but speaking to her parents would be really nerve racking, plus I don't wanna be сockblocked by her family. So do you think I should approach them, and if so how do I manage to pull this off? This would be my first time asking a girl out so I'm a little nervous:s-smilie:
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
OMG this made me LOL! That's how funny it was, I forgot how to type in words and sentences. F@cking c_ock blocking family!

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Is it necessarily a good idea to ask her out if you’re both on holiday? She could live literally anywhere
Reply 3
Ask her mum if she wants to join in.
Awwww. This is so sweet.
I thought it was a genuine term as I've heard a lot of parents become very protective if a guy approaches them and only speaks to the girl.:biggrin: Usually it ends up in the parents telling you to back off and I think they assume you just want sex. Apparently you have to include the whole family in the conversation, and then politely ask if you can speak to the girl and I was just looking for some advice. So you don't think I should approach? How come?
Original post by Spanx
OMG this made me LOL! That's how funny it was, I forgot how to type in words and sentences. F@cking c_ock blocking family!

Spoiler

True, but I'm fairly certain she's at least from England. And we could just be friends, I'd speak to her first and decide whether or not I'd ask her out
Original post by OctoberRain7
Is it necessarily a good idea to ask her out if you’re both on holiday? She could live literally anywhere
Not the kind of response I was looking for, but hey it's the internet
Original post by xDron3
Ask her mum if she wants to join in.
:s-smilie:
Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe
Awwww. This is so sweet.
I updated the original post so it might make a little bit more sense :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Huckipity
So I'm a 16 year old guy holiday staying in a hotel and there's this girl who I like. We haven't spoke yet, and only exchanged eye contact a few times so I want to get to know her. I've tried to look for her and approach her a few times when she's on her own, but she's always with her parents and brother. Do you think it's a good idea to approach her when she's with her parents? Because she's never on her own, but speaking to her parents would be really nerve racking, plus I don't wanna be сockblocked by her family. So do you think I should approach them, and if so how do I manage to pull this off? This would be my first time asking a girl out so I'm a little nervous:s-smilie:

next time you see them make a few casual comments about the surroundings to her mother then leave.

next time you see them, do it again. then leave.

next time you see them talk to both the mother and the daughter [it should be less awkward now]

next time you see them briefly talk to the mother and spend more time with the daughter.

if things become comfortable, tell the daughter you want to show her this really cool [insert something here] that you've seen and ask if she wants to come with you.

simples.
(edited 4 years ago)
I'll try, but I wish it was as simple as that :frown:

Original post by ANM775
next time you see them make a few casual comments about the surroundings to her mother then leave.

next time you see them, do it again. then leave.

next time you see them talk to both the mother and the daughter [it should be less awkward now]

next time you see them briefly talk to the mother and spend more time with the daughter.

if things become comfortable, tell the daughter you want to show her this really cool [insert something here] that you've seen and ask if she wants to come with you.

simples.
Even reading it back made me laugh haha
Original post by Spanx

Spoiler

I don’t really recommend asking her out. You could possibly make a fool of yourself if she doesn’t think as highly as you or if she’s gay. Have you seen any signs from her that she thinks the same?
Sorry, maybe I got my meanings mixed up. What do you mean by "ask her out"? I thought asking a girl out is like dating her (boyfriend and girlfriend), is this right?. Based on this definition I definitely wouldn't go straight to asking her out, I'd first talk to her for a few days and judge if she likes me or not.

So far all we've had is eye contact together. I know it's small, but I've caught her a few times looking at me, and she always messes with her hair when I'm near her. I don't *think* she's gay, but then again this is just a guess. I just need some advice on how to speak to her :frown:
Original post by Sepslither
I don’t really recommend asking her out. You could possibly make a fool of yourself if she doesn’t think as highly as you or if she’s gay. Have you seen any signs from her that she thinks the same?
Oh I’m useless at speaking to people so you’re asking the wrong guy XD I’m going to be single forever lmao
Haha, the struggles :redface:
Original post by Sepslither
Oh I’m useless at speaking to people so you’re asking the wrong guy XD I’m going to be single forever lmao
@ANM775 @Sepslither @Spanx @Trotsky's Iceaxe

Damn... she went home today and I never spoke to her :frown: I guess that's what happens when you're a chicken

Mission failed, we'll get em next time

Damn... she went home today and I never spoke to her :frown: I guess that's what happens when you're a chicken

So sorry to hear that man. You should’ve followed her home
Reply 19

:frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending