NCS Induction - What Do?

Watch
IDoNothingRight
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have my NCS induction tomorrow and I'm really not looking forward to it. Reason being, I'm VERY socially awkward; I haven't been outside in an entire week, just playing games with my friends. I know that the induction is at a community centre but I don't really know what to expect, anyone know what you actually do?

Also, if any of you have actually been to NCS before, mind telling me your experience so I can have a better understanding of what to expect?
Chubbynoel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
where and when are you doing your ncs?
Chubbynoel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ngl I've heard it's quite useless
Chubbynoel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
apparently you just sort of sit there
and they tell you about what you do
syrup!
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hav you done it yet??
(Original post by Chubbynoel)
apparently you just sort of sit there
and they tell you about what you do
username4746572
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey I have my induction thingy tomorrow as well . Trust me there is nothing to worry about . All they it will probably be is a PowerPoint with a speech and and Q and A session with the organisers of the trip .i don’t think it will me any more like introducing yourself to others or anything.i think parents are allowed to come as well
(Original post by IDoNothingRight)
I have my NCS induction tomorrow and I'm really not looking forward to it. Reason being, I'm VERY socially awkward; I haven't been outside in an entire week, just playing games with my friends. I know that the induction is at a community centre but I don't really know what to expect, anyone know what you actually do?

Also, if any of you have actually been to NCS before, mind telling me your experience so I can have a better understanding of what to expect?
Chubbynoel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by syrup.02)
hav you done it yet??
Lol noo not yet
Chubbynoel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by THE-BLACK-CAT)
Hey I have my induction thingy tomorrow as well . Trust me there is nothing to worry about . All they it will probably be is a PowerPoint with a speech and and Q and A session with the organisers of the trip .i don’t think it will me any more like introducing yourself to others or anything.i think parents are allowed to come as well
where and when are you doing yours?
username4746572
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mine starts 21st July . And I’m in the Harrow wave . . I’m going camping for the first week. What about you
where and when are you doing yours?
Last edited by username4746572; 1 year ago
Chubbynoel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by THE-BLACK-CAT)
Mine starts 21st July . And I’m in the Harrow wave . . I’m going camping for the first week. What about you
Ohh 17th July rips
username4746572
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good luck ! You’ll be fine I promise you .it may be daunting in the beginning but think that everyone will feel awkward with new people so will also want to try and make friends with you .
Ohh 17th July rips
IDoNothingRight
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Just a quick update, I found out my group only has 9 people in or possibly 10 consisting of 6/potentially 7 guys and 3 girls. 2 of these guys are from the year above the rest (one smokes and I'm pretty sure the other one does some sought of drug) and another guy is from year 10. I get this feeling me and my friend seriously won't socialize given our situation considering nobody appeared to be as anti-social as us. The worst part for us is the thought of sharing rooms with these people we can't relate to. Any thoughts on this?
username4746572
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey I understand your problem well ... it’s tricky right cause your stick with those kind of people .my best advice would be to just stay clear of them ,especially the guy that you think smokes and drugs .if someone you end up sharing a room with then you could always tell your team leader the situation and they will be fully understanding (at least that’s what they say! )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (627)
33.67%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (784)
42.11%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (368)
19.76%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.46%

Watched Threads