The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Social life at Uni of York.

Hi,
I'm looking at doing Chemistry at uni and was very impressed with the department at York. However there seemed to be a lack of bars and other things to do on the campus, which is obviously quite a big part of the whole experience (there seemed to be more to do at Durham which was quite surprising). Can any York students advise me on whether there is a decent social side to the uni or whether it's a bit boring there?

Thankyou :smile:
Original post by bw.
Hi,
I'm looking at doing Chemistry at uni and was very impressed with the department at York. However there seemed to be a lack of bars and other things to do on the campus, which is obviously quite a big part of the whole experience (there seemed to be more to do at Durham which was quite surprising). Can any York students advise me on whether there is a decent social side to the uni or whether it's a bit boring there?

Thankyou :smile:

I’ve found York to have a pretty good social life! On campus West, there’s several bars (Courtyard, the Lounge, D bad, V bar etc) plus Glasshouse over on East, all of which host different events - the courtyard and d-bar quizzes are super popular in particular. Generally, I’d say a lot of the social side comes from the societies you’re part of too, so getting involved with societies/sports/college life will enhance your social experience. From my own experience and those of friends at Durham, they seem to be pretty similar in terms of social life (not super wild 6am night outs every week but also not dead) but obviously others may say differently :smile:
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending