The Student Room Group

Should I do an Accredited Biomed Degree?

I am currently in the process of looking at universities for a 2020 entry to do biomedical science. However, many of the universities I am looking at do not offer accreditation for a biomed degree. As I am currently not sure of what I want to do after university, I am wondering if I should look for accredited courses in case I decide to go for a career as a biomedical scientist in the NHS, or if it is actually necessary to have an accredited degree?
If you aren’t sure what you want to do, then doing an accredited course will keep the option of working in the NHS as a Biomedical Scientist open for you as it can be expensive and a bit of a pain if later down the track you want to work in the NHS but don’t have an accredited degree.
OK, thanks for the advice. :smile:
Original post by MusicGamer
If you aren’t sure what you want to do, then doing an accredited course will keep the option of working in the NHS as a Biomedical Scientist open for you as it can be expensive and a bit of a pain if later down the track you want to work in the NHS but don’t have an accredited degree.

Quick Reply

Latest