Workout at night

Watch this thread
Johnpolo
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Recently I started some *****y med and it made me 4kg fatter in just 4 weeks. My target is to loose the excess weight and gain maybe 1kg of muscle in 4-5weeks. I currently weight 81kg and I'm 1.75m. Heres the thing , After workout at night do you eat meal for restoring muscle or go to sleep.?
-Quava-
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Eating food right before sleep is a big no-no unless you want to put on weight.
(Original post by Johnpolo)
Recently I started some *****y med and it made me 4kg fatter in just 4 weeks. My target is to loose the excess weight and gain maybe 1kg of muscle in 4-5weeks. I currently weight 81kg and I'm 1.75m. Heres the thing , After workout at night do you eat meal for restoring muscle or go to sleep.?
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
You shouldn't workout at night, you need to relax and unwind.
Johnpolo
Rep:
(Original post by -Quava-)
I walk 30min to get home so I unwind on the way to home
Johnpolo
Rep:
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
You shouldn't workout at night, you need to relax and unwind.
I walk 30min to get home so I unwind on the way to home
Johnpolo
Rep:
(Original post by -Quava-)
I eat and then wait an hour before sleep
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I work out at night but only for a short time. You should never eat at night because it makes you fatter and you can burn it out during the day but instead eat in the day at those mealstimes and add more carbs for muscle or adjust your diet. I would just have a rest then go to sleep
Last edited by PetitePanda; 2 years ago
-Quava-
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
60 mins is not enough to digest a meal
I eat and then wait an hour before sleep
funk controller
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Eating at night is no different from eating at any other time of the day. There is no such thing as a muscle restoring meal, just eat the normal high protein diet and you’ll be fine.
yeetboi_105
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
If you are trying to build muscle then you should eat a meal that is decently high in protein( 20g-40g protein) before and after your workout so that your muscles are constantly undergoing protein synthesis. The time of the day does not matter, as long as you do not have issues with sleeping after eating a meal, then go for it. The 'dont eat before sleeping' thing is a myth. Eating at certain times of the day is more for fat loss( intermittent fasting) in which someone would eat in a given time period to lose fat. For example in an 8 hour period, Suppose i have my first meal of the day at 10am, 8 hours on from 10am and my last meal would be at around 6pm.

So whatever your goals be it fat loss or muscle building: i hope i this helped.

username4626084
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Compensate.. before working out, eat and after working out, eat. Wait for couple of hours till you’re light again. Then go to bed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (155)
41.67%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.55%
No (148)
39.78%

Watched Threads