Business gcse Watch

ArtmisKco
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Is business gcse easy? Is there a lot to revise for during exam season? How many exams are there and how long are they? Is it fun? Did you regret choosing it? Is it useful? Is it a good subject to choose ?
velvethopes
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I wouldn’t necessarily call it a GCSE that’s easy - from when I did it, it’s a subject that uses many skills, like maths and essay-writing, analysis, application, making judgements, etc.

I did the aqa board and found the workload was definitely doable to revise for during exam season, especially as a lot of the content was straight-forward and easy to remember, but also much of it I didn’t need to revise, e.g. for the advantages of getting a bank loan, they could be ‘quick lump sum’, ‘often comes with bank financial advice/expertise’, ‘quick and easy’, ‘fixed interest rates for easy cash forecasts’, etc etc but I’d only need to remember 2-3 advantages and the rest would be unnecessary. Also, I often found the case studies for questions would help trigger other information I may not have tried to remember. So all in all, pretty simple to study for.

Number of exams and length would depend on the board, but if I remember rightly I did two or three 1-hour exams and coursework.

Found it very fun and enjoyable, with a lot of knowledge I’ve found I’ve been able to apply to understand the real world and economy (on top of studying it for A Level too, however).

10/10 would recommend if it’s something you’re interested in.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ArtmisKco
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Ah thank you so much!
zackforest
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’ve just finished my business GCSE (edexcel) which is a new course and essentially, we are the ‘guinea pigs’ because we’re the first year to actually sit the exams.

Okay, so I personally found it easy however it IS difficult to some eyes - there’s a lot of facts you need to remember to apply to ‘case studies’ which are provided for you in the exam. A bit like English language where they give an extract and you have to analyse it, instead in business you use business terminology (net profit, revenue, margins etc.)

I found it manageable as I revised through considering PROS and CONS for everything. That made understanding topics much much easier. There are some extended responses, so I’d say you just need to practice those to smash them...

Other than that, i found it easy, BUT boring , I disliked having to remember a ton of facts even though I could, and it is somewhat time consuming (for me anyway). The majority find it a mediocre maybe slightly hard GCSE but I wouldn’t say it’s ‘hard’ per-sè, maybe just time consuming.

If you have an interest in business, then go for it!, I only did it cos my mom wanted me to :burnout:
ArtmisKco
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
😂😂thank you so much on your experience!
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i did old spec- i know there's more mathematical content in the new spec but i didn't find it particularly difficult; just make sure you know your terminology and do lots of practice for the longer mark questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate