Accidentally passed a red light Watch

Denzi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I accidentally passed through the traffic lights whilst it was red and on top of the traffic light I saw a small block box. I’m worried that it is a red lightning camera and that I’ll be paying a fine and losing points.

(51.5877183, -0.1340689) this is the coordinates of the location of the traffic light on google maps. Can someone please help me and tell whether or not I’ve been caught...
Last edited by Denzi; 1 week ago
macpatgh-Sheldon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Normally, speed cameras are yellow, and traffic light cameras are grey - a black one I do not know about, but in any case there is nothing you can do to change the result now - just hope that a black box is a dummy (my view is that it probs is) - if you do get a letter in the post, there is nothing you can do, as it will be backed up by proof in the way of photographs, so worrying will not help - sorry to say this, but going through a red light is " a failure to follow a traffic sign" offence, which carries a maximum of 5 points, so be prepared for this possibility.

M (Member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists)
besbait
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey don't worry you are fine!! this black box is a sensor to see if there are cars on the traffic light. Used at night when the roads aren't busy to give way to people who are on traffic lights rather than going going in a specific order!!
(Original post by Denzi)
I accidentally passed through the traffic lights whilst it was red and on top of the traffic light I saw a small block box. I’m worried that it is a red lightning camera and that I’ll be paying a fine and losing points.

(51.5877183, -0.1340689) this is the coordinates of the location of the traffic light on google maps. Can someone please help me and tell whether or not I’ve been caught...
Jenniferann232
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That box is a sensor to tell when there are cars or pedestrians there. A red light camera is similar looking to a speed camera but grey and is a short distance away from the light, it’s a separate thing in itself
Dunya
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
'accidentally'
Name:  Unknown.png
Views: 8
Size:  16.2 KB
Nub Jub
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I thought the blackbox were cameras but my mum told me they're sensors. Cameras are usually grey for the traffic ones or yellow similar to speed cameras. So you got nothing to worry about but in future, it's better to slow down and stop when it hits amber rather than speeding up and risk passing thru a red without knowing if there was a camera or not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (150)
17.71%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.85%
No I am happy with my course choice (501)
59.15%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.29%

Watched Threads