Failed one uni module can I still transfer? Watch

kkay672
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So basically I got two firsts, a 2:2 and a 2:1 for 4/5 of my modules and my last one I got a fail simply because it is my weakest unit and I was definitely not passing it, I decided not to go to my second attempt assessment due to how it was meant to be done (supervised assessment) which I knew I’d fail so I’ve spoke to a few of my friends and they’ve told me I can transfer to another uni in my hometown of London and continue my course and start my second year there. I’m just wondering is this true and how can I go about it.

In short - wondering if I can do a transfer and continue my second year at another uni even though I failed one module in my first year.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
To get a degree you need 360 credits - 120 from each year. If you transfer then you’ll need to restart from year 1 as you don’t have enough credits to enter second year.
kkay672
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So it’s impossible to start a second year, I’d have to start first year again?
(Original post by PQ)
To get a degree you need 360 credits - 120 from each year. If you transfer then you’ll need to restart from year 1 as you don’t have enough credits to enter second year.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kkay672)
So it’s impossible to start a second year, I’d have to start first year again?
Yes

If you remain on a course and take up resit opportunities then some universities will compensate credit - basically waive the requirement for a full 120 credits to progress/get an award. But that's something that is dependent on university regulations and the decision of an exam board. No university will compensate credit for another university's first year.
3mmz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by PQ)
Yes

If you remain on a course and take up resit opportunities then some universities will compensate credit - basically waive the requirement for a full 120 credits to progress/get an award. But that's something that is dependent on university regulations and the decision of an exam board. No university will compensate credit for another university's first year.
I am in a similar situation
I didn't fail however....basically there were 6 modules for my first year of my law degree. I missed one of the exams because I had an operation close to exam time and couldn't catch up with everything due to the time I missed recovering. My uni accepted my concession application. The resit however is on Monday but I won't be able to sit the exam as I am away for my sisters wedding.

Like I said I passed all the other 5 modules and got 3 firsts, one 2:1 and one 2:2 for the 5 modules I sat.
I really don't want to re-do the year because of that one module that I know I will pass but I really want to transfer to a better uni. The uni I am looking to transfer to is SOAS in London.
Last edited by 3mmz; 5 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (137)
17.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9.57%
No I am happy with my course choice (455)
58.86%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (107)
13.84%

Watched Threads