Why my university tutors don't teach me anything? Watch

Irishavanna
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
They look like they want me to fail, they don't help me, neither offer help.
They don't teach, they give you tasks so I can struggle more, and make innecessarily difficult the projects I have to work on.
I still work on the projects more than 12 hours a day, and they still push me to do more and more innecessary tasks, not really useful for the projects.
This doesn't allow me to have a balanced life, with time for my self, neither to gather or complete notes for assessments.
It's quite maniac.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Irishavanna)
They look like they want me to fail, they don't help me, neither offer help.
They don't teach, they give you tasks so I can struggle more, and make innecessarily difficult the projects I have to work on.
I still work on the projects more than 12 hours a day, and they still push me to do more and more innecessary tasks, not really useful for the projects.
This doesn't allow me to have a balanced life, with time for my self, neither to gather or complete notes for assessments.
It's quite maniac.
What course are you studying? Every course will have different demands and amounts of work to do, so it's hard to advise you.

If you're struggling with the content, go to your lecturers' office hours, and student support to get some advice on time management. Remember though, lecturers aren't there to 'teach' you like teachers in schools do - university is all about becoming an independent learner and take the initiative to seek help with you need it. You're all adults, so if you don't ask for help and seem (on the surface) to be coping, your lecturers aren't going to offer help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (137)
17.75%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (73)
9.46%
No I am happy with my course choice (455)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (107)
13.86%

Watched Threads