The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What course are you applying for: Medicine
What universities are you thinking of: KCL, Edinburgh, St. Andrews, Birmingham, Imperial 5th choice for Biochemistry
IB predicted grades: HL: 7 (Chemistry), 7 (Biology), 7 (English A L&L); 43/45
IGCSE grades: I did MYP instead.
Extra curriculars: Lab internship at an university, volunteering at a paediatric ward, school focus group, writing for school newspaper
Hi, I'm Remus :smile:
What course are you applying for: Music and Music and Education/teaching
What universities are you thinking of: Surrey (will be my firm if I get an offer), City, Oxford Brookes, Chichester, Bath Spa. Also thinking Southampton but not sure where to swap them out.
A level / IB / Higher achieved grades: BTEC Music-Dist, a-level Music-B, as-level sociology-A
I'm also going to be either doing another as-level or continuing sociology, depending what Surrey say. In either I'm aiming for at least a B.
GCSE grades: 7, 6, 5, A, B, C, C, C
Extra curriculars: At college: sang tenor in choir, helped a lot on open evenings etc. had a band, was in a classical guitar ensemble. I'm entirely self-taught on bass and piano.
Gap year: arranging some school experience atm, I do still have a band, but the guitarist is at uni, so practices and gigs are less frequent, doing some online composition and music theory courses, hoping to try and sort out some classical guitar concerts too.
Original post by remussjhj01
Hi, I'm Remus :smile:
What course are you applying for: Music and Music and Education/teaching
What universities are you thinking of: Surrey (will be my firm if I get an offer), City, Oxford Brookes, Chichester, Bath Spa. Also thinking Southampton but not sure where to swap them out.
A level / IB / Higher achieved grades: BTEC Music-Dist, a-level Music-B, as-level sociology-A
I'm also going to be either doing another as-level or continuing sociology, depending what Surrey say. In either I'm aiming for at least a B.
GCSE grades: 7, 6, 5, A, B, C, C, C
Extra curriculars: At college: sang tenor in choir, helped a lot on open evenings etc. had a band, was in a classical guitar ensemble. I'm entirely self-taught on bass and piano.
Gap year: arranging some school experience atm, I do still have a band, but the guitarist is at uni, so practices and gigs are less frequent, doing some online composition and music theory courses, hoping to try and sort out some classical guitar concerts too.

Hey Remus - we're happy to be one of your choices! If you have any questions about the course, feel free to ask :smile:. If you'd like to book on an Open Day to see the campus and courses for yourself, you can book here: chi.ac.uk/opendays
Re-doing this bc things have changed A LOT and I've realised how stupid it was to consider doing a degree only bc it has more career options:redface:Just applied for Speech & Language Therapy as that's what I genuinely love, even if it means I can only apply to one course with 25 places, at least I'll have tried.

What course are you applying for: Speech and Language Therapy / Psychology (to qualify for an MSc in SLT if I don't get into the BSc!)
What universities are you thinking of: QMU, Edinburgh Napier, Dundee, Aberdeen
A level / IB / Higher grades: did CIE A levels and achieved ABB (Biology, English Language, Maths) as well as an A* in German in October 2018
GCSE grades: A* A* A* A* A* A* A
Extra curriculars: Greek + French studies; Guitar; SLT work experience
Original post by linda1301
Hi:h: I'm an EU student and originally applied for Nutrition with 2019 entry, but (v last minute) decided to cancel my place, take a gap year and reapply for something different:colondollar:

What course are you applying for: Business / Business + French
What universities are you thinking of: Glasgow, Dundee, Aberdeen, Edinburgh Napier, Strathclyde
A level / IB / Higher grades: did CIE A levels and achieved ABB (Biology, English Language, Maths) as well as an A* in German, but I had to take German in 2018 so idk if that grade will count?
GCSE grades: A* A* A* A* A* A* A
Extra curriculars: Greek + French studies & Guitar

Haven't sent my application yet, but I will as soon as my referee bothers to submit my reference..
hi, does anyone know what this means?

15-11-2019 (14:49) Your application has been approved by your referee/coordinator.
15-11-2019 (15:43) Your reference has been completed and approved. Your application has not yet been sent to UCAS.

has my coordinator just forgotten to press send?
Original post by tacobeth
hi, does anyone know what this means?

15-11-2019 (14:49) Your application has been approved by your referee/coordinator.
15-11-2019 (15:43) Your reference has been completed and approved. Your application has not yet been sent to UCAS.

has my coordinator just forgotten to press send?

Probably, ask them
Reply 286
Hi there!
This is Ping,

Courses applied: BSc of Ecological and Environmental Science with Management and Geography.
Unis applied: Edinburgh and Durham.

Grade:
I'm an international student so I don't do a level or GCSE, but the average grade of my past two years was 81/100.

Extra curriculum
President of English Debat Club, National High School debate first prize, organizer of a science camp for elementary kids, delegate of an international environmental congress, etc. However, I do not hold any job experience.

P.s. Since my country's high school diploma is recognized by UK Unis, I'll be offer to take admissio test to get into Edinburgh. Only if they are considering giving me a place. Can any one give me information about the test? Beside what had written on the uni website.

I'm waiting for the results anxiously, although I sent my application in 10th November haha. I will be more than happy to talk to anyone who has applied to same unis or similar courses as I do, thanks!
(edited 4 years ago)
What course are you applying for: History & Politics (as part of Liberal Arts at Durham and King's)
What universities are you thinking of: Durham, Manchester, Liverpool, Warwick, King's
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: A* (Politics), A (English Lit), A (History)
GCSE grades: 8,8,8,7,7,7,6,6,4
Extra curriculars: Model UN, Debating, various instruments, rugby
What course are you applying for:computer sciecne
What universities are you thinking of:i am still considering any suggestions?
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades:A* in chemistry A* in Maths A in physic
GCSE grades: i did't do gcse
Extra curriculars: Basketball team, ccf, guitar
Hello! My name's Mae and I'm applying for Operating Department Practice. :smile:

What universities are you thinking of:

Hull (Withdrew)
Sheffield Hallam (Attended interview 11/12/2019 + received offer 16/12/2019; first choice)
Anglia Ruskin (Interview on 18/12/2019 + received offer 19/12/2019; insurance choice)
Birmingham City (Withdrew)
University of Central Lancashire (Withdrew)

* The universities that have offered me an interview will be italicised.

A level / IB / Higher predicted grades:
A - English Language
B - Psychology
C - Biology (bit disappointed but meh it's not the end of the world)

GCSE grades: 86666554 and Level 2 pass in Business Studies

Extra curriculars: Volunteer at a charity shop, library assistant, busk from time to time, hospital placements.

Update : Deferred my offer last year. I will be studying ODP Sept 2021.
(edited 3 years ago)
Can't see the link for University of West London
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Have added cambridge, LSE, Imperial and King's..... if anyone sees any more or wants to set some up let me know! :yay:

hi can you please add roehampton
wheres QMUL?
Hi! I'm Maisy and I've applied for Chemistry (MChem)
I applied for Leeds, Bradford and Huddersfield and received an offer for them all. I've also applied for Access to Leeds and managed to get my offer lowered from AAB to BBB. I also set Leeds as my firm and Bradford as my insurance yesterday, so all I need to do now is wait to complete the online modules for A2L.

A levels:
Psychology- A
Chemistry- A or A* not sure which
Biology- A
Also achieved A in core maths.

GCSE grades: 999887776

Extras: I attend a body combat session at my local gym 3 times a week and absolutely love it. I enjoy reading and gaming. I also recently started helping out in year 7 science classes once a fortnight which I enjoy.

EDIT: just received a letter from bradford saying they'd change my offer to an unconditional if I set it as my firm! lol won't make any difference as I've set it as my insurance but it was nice to see. :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
What course are you applying for: Pol and Int Relations
What universities are you thinking of: QMUL, City, Greenwich, Brunel
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: BBB for history, business, and English
GCSE grades: (MYP e-assessment marked out of 7: 6,6,6,6,5,5,3
Extra curriculars: director for non-profit, school newspaper writer, environment club, speaker at annual IB conference, sports team member, sports assistant coach for younger students

QMUL is my first choice however I am worried I will be rejected as I have BBB instead of BBA and miss the entry requirement by around 2-4 points.
(edited 4 years ago)
What course are you applying for: Diagnostic Radiography
What universities are you thinking of: Sheffield Hallam, Leeds, Teesside, Glasgow Caledonian and Derby
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: Access to HE: Health Science Professions & UAL Diploma for Art, Design and Media.
GCSE Grades: 8 GCSE's at A-C. 1 at D. Distinction* in BTEC IT. (Disappointed with these grades but it couldn't be helped as I had a perforated appendix & sepsis during my GCSE's!) 😂
Extra curriculars: Raise money for Stroke UK, volunteer to walk dogs at Helping Yorkshire Poundies & I love to draw and paint.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi everyone. I'm Sujith. Fairly new here and hoping to gather some information xD

What course are you applying for:
MS in cybersecurity
Univ's i have applied :
Lancaster, Birmingham, York, Queen's Belfast and East Anglia

Are these universities good for CS or should i consider others?
Thanks in advance!
What course are you applying for:
- Accounting and Finance (I applied on December 2nd)
What universities are you thinking of:
- LSE (Acknowledgement email on Dec 3rd)
- Kings College London (Offer on Dec 12th)
- City, University of London (Acknowledgement email on Dec 3rd)
- University of Exeter (Offer on Dec 4th)
- University of Birmingham (Acknowledgement email on Dec 3rd)
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades:
- A level CIE predicted grades: A*AA (Econ, Maths and Computer Science)
- AS grades: AAAA (I have already achieved)
GCSE grades:
- A*A*AAAA
- I only did 5 IGCSEs (one of them was coordinated science so I got double award) because I'm an international student and my school only allow maximum 5 subjects since we still have to study the national curriculum along with IGCSEs
Extra-curriculars:
- Finance team leader in school's Student Council
- Volunteering activities (teacher assistant in summer school)
- not much since I do super-curriculars more, such as wider reading
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Populating the links now - if anyone find any 2020 applicant threads please let me know! :yay

Could you possibly add these two?:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6274980 - this is a link to talk about Bocconi, a social science uni in Italy

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6239908&p=86109332#post86109332 - This is a link talking about PPLE, a course at the University of Amsterdam that lots of people, including me, seem interested in
I'm from India and gave my CBSE 12th grade boards exams in March,2019. I scored an overall 99%, with a 100 in English, Geography, Psychology and History, and a 95 in Economics and Mathematics. I scored an overall 8 band in IELTS. I'm currently studying at SRCC. I have applied for BSc Economics at LSE, UCL, KCL and Queen Mary University, what are my chances of acceptance?
Applying to: LSE, UCL, KCL, Queen Mary
Grades: 99% in CBSE 12th Grade Board exams
Extra Curricular: First prize in essay competitions, President Student Body

Latest

Trending

Trending